This coconut white hot chocolate recipe is truly comforting.
A simple coconut flavored white hot chocolate that is a delightful change from your everyday hot chocolate.
This isn’t just any white hot chocolate, this is coconut-flavored white hot chocolate! This coconut white hot chocolate is made with half and half, coconut milk, Splenda Sugar Substitute, and creamy and sweet chopped white chocolate. A little vanilla and coconut extract bring it all together. The coconut milk brings forth the deep coconut flavor and while the white chocolate adds creaminess, what makes this rich chocolate sweet is the Splenda Sweetener that is whisked right.
Coconut Hot Chocolate
The crowning glory to this coconut milk hot chocolate is the toasted coconut. I made this in advance and sprinkled this right on top upon serving. The end result was a very rich, creamy, WHITE alternative to your traditional hot chocolate. It is sweet without being overly sweet, it is luscious and smooth with a slightly nutty taste. This white hot chocolate recipe is like an irresistible drinkable dessert!
- Coconut milk
- Half and half
- White chocolate
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut extract
- Toasted coconut
How to Make Coconut White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Place your saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the coconut milk, half and half, and sweetener. When the sweetener has fully dissolved, stir in the white chocolate.
- Next, stir in the extracts and heat the pot until the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the cocoa into two drinking mugs, dividing evenly between them.
- Top with toasted coconut.
- Serve immediately.
Does this recipe use canned coconut milk or a refrigerated carton?
I used a carton of Almondmilk coconut blend but you can use either one for this recipe and it is sure to turn out quite tasty either way!
Can you make hot chocolate with coconut milk?
Yes, as you can see here that we have done exactly that. Making this hot chocolate with coconut milk is a great way to add in that subtle coconut flavor and creamy goodness that we want in every mug.
Do you serve hot chocolate with whipped cream or marshmallows?
this cocoa is one that would be better served with a nice whipped cream either from the can or homemade. Not only would it add to the creamy goodness in every sip, but it would also help to prevent the toasted coconut topping from sinking to the bottom of the mug.
If you love hot chocolate then you are going to LOVE these hot cocoa recipes!
- How To Make A Charcuterie Board For Hot Chocolate
- Boozy Cinnamon Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Hot Chocolate Poke Cake Recipe
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate
Coconut White Hot Chocolate
Rich and creamy white hot chocolate with a hint of coconut.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 8 oz chopped white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut for garnish
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together the coconut milk, half and half and sweetener. When sweetener has dissolved, stir in white chocolate. Stir in extracts and heat just until mixture thickens.
- Pour cocoa into two mugs and top with toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 1164Total Fat 87gSaturated Fat 62gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 109mgSodium 281mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 1gSugar 79gProtein 17g