Frozen white hot chocolate gets paired with toasted coconut in this easy and delicious cold treat!
You’re going to love this simple drink recipe all summer long.
A frozen white hot chocolate is a different kind of frozen treat. This is such a fun and simple beverage. This cold, creamy, and coconutty frozen white chocolate is perfect for warm winters or hot summers. This cold beverage was meant to be enjoyed in tall glasses and with your family around. Every sip is a wonderful blend of creamy and sweet.
Cold White Hot Chocolate
To make this frozen white hot chocolate recipe I started with white chocolate melted with a little heavy cream. Once the chocolate was cooled, I combined it with almond milk in my blender. I added brown sugar and vanilla extract along with a helping of toasted coconut! It’s so simple and easy to make. You can even adjust the recipe to use any milk you may have on hand!
- White chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- Brown sugar
- Coconut extract
- Toasted coconut
How to Make Frozen White Hot Chocolate
- Place the chocolate and heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the chocolate for 45 seconds and stir until melted.
- Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, brown sugar, coconut extract, toasted coconut, melted chocolate, and ice.
- Blend until well combined.
- Divide the mixture between 4 glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional toasted coconut if desired.
- Serve immediately.
How to Make Toasted Coconut
Toasted coconut is very simple to make. Arrange your coconut in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place this in a 350-degree oven. Every 5 minutes or so, check on your coconut and stir it a little with a spoon or spatula. Be vigilant on your watch; coconut burns very quickly. I always make extra. Store your toasted coconut for later use.
What does a white hot chocolate taste like?
It tastes very creamy, rich, and smooth like thick vanilla milk thanks to the melted white chocolate and milk in every sip.
Why is it called frozen hot chocolate?
Frozen hot chocolate recipes are usually all for a packet of cocoa mix in the ingredients list. Instead, we’re making things a little differently because we’re using melted white chocolate and added ingredients to sweeten our creamy drink to perfection. In the end, it’s much more like a thick milkshake.
Check out these other tasty hot chocolate recipes you may enjoy!
- Mocha Mudslide Hot Chocolate
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Hot Chocolate
- White Russian White Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk Blend
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 3 cups of ice
- Place chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat chocolate for 45 seconds; stir until melted.
- Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, combine almond milk blend, brown sugar, coconut extract, toasted coconut, melted chocolate and ice.
- Blend until combined.
- Divide mixture between 4 glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and additional toasted coconut.
Amount Per Serving Calories 830Total Fat 64gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 44gCholesterol 14mgSodium 526mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 12gSugar 36gProtein 21g