Baked spaghetti lasagna style!
This changes everything you knew about lasagna!
This spaghetti lasagna casserole is a perfect recipe for success. Packed with a lot of hidden veggies in every bite this is one tasty way to sneak more vegetables into your kid’s diets. I love sneaking in veggies in my pasta dishes. This time I added both zucchini and carrots to spaghetti sauce! Use your favorite jarred spaghetti sauce (or homemade if you prefer). Stir in finely shredded (finely shredded is key) zucchini and carrots and you’ve successfully snuck in all sorts of nutrients.
I layered spaghetti with a combination of eggs, Greek yogurt (yay for more protein!), cheeses, and Italian sausage. This spaghetti lasagna bake tastes rich, cheesy, and delicious! It’s filled with veggies and protein and I guarantee everyone will have seconds!
Pasta Lasagna Bake
Made to taste like your favorite lasagna but with spaghetti noodles instead, this pasta bake is very simple and easy. Not only do you get wonderful tasting results but it takes less math and effort because you don’t have to get all of those thick long noodles to fit in a pan. Spaghetti noodles are so much more accommodating! Adding in the extra veggies doesn’t take too long either and for an even faster prep you can chop up the veggies really small using a food processor (it will only take a few seconds that way!)
- Marinara sauce
- Ground Italian sausage
- Garlic cloves
- Shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- Dried oregano
If desired, you can freeze this recipe for future meals. You can also keep your leftovers stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in an airtight container. thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
For a vegetarian option, you can omit the meat and use portobello mushrooms instead. Even adding in some small diced zucchini would be great!
How long is spaghetti lasagna good for?
This dish can be kept stored in the fridge well covered for up to 5 days. That should give you plenty of time to enjoy the leftovers for easy lunches throughout the week.
Can I make this lasagna in advance?
Absolutely! Prep this dinner up to 2 days in advance and keep it covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. Place the baking dish on the counter for about 30 minutes as the oven preheats before baking to avoid heating the baking dish too quickly (going from cold to hot can cause some bakeware to break).
What can I use instead of greek yogurt?
If you do not have any greek yogurt on hand you can use sour cream or even ricotta cheese instead. Either option should taste lovely with this recipe!
For more tasty lasagna recipes, check out these suggestions:
- Easy Crockpot Pizza Lasagna
- Skillet Meatball Lasagna
- 30 Minute Tortellini Skillet Lasagna
- Skillet White Chicken Lasagna
- Turkey and Pesto Lasagna Rolls
Baked Spaghetti Lasagna
Baked spaghetti with layers of sauce, pasta, and cheese!
- 1 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb spaghetti
- basil for garnish
- Prepare pasta according to package information, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage until fully cooked and no longer pink. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine eggs, garlic, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, yogurt, oregano, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Combine pasta sauce with finely shredded zucchini and carrot.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 in baking pan with nonstick spray. Spoon 1/3 cup of pasta sauce over the bottom of the baking pan. Top sauce with 1/3 of the spaghetti, followed by half of the cheese mixture, half of the meat mixture and another 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat layers ending with the remaining pasta sauce. Top lasagna with 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover lasagna wit foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 511Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 112mgSodium 1431mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 30g