Mini ranch chicken salad rolls are portable, fun and completely delicious!
They’re a perfect summertime lunch option or appetizer.
These ranch chicken salad rolls will surely be the envy of any lunch table! Bakery style dinner rolls are filled with an easy to assemble chicken salad that kids are sure to love. This ranch chicken salad is made with diced chicken (leftovers are perfect or even rotisserie chicken if you have it), sunflower seeds, crisp bell peppers, freshly peeled apples, cheddar cheese, and a little ranch dressing. These rolls are perfectly portable, portioned and fun to eat! I am willing to wager, no one will be trading THESE rolls!
A Perfect Summer Sandwich
This sandwich rolls recipe is perfect for summertime and school weekday lunches. Made with just a few simple and basic ingredients we get a delicious sandwich literally filled with flavor. You’re going to love this unique twist on a classic sandwich and everyone is going to love how wonderful they taste. Serve them up whenever the mood strikes because there’s never a wrong time for homemade chicken salad with apples.
- Diced cooked chicken
- Finely diced apple
- Unsalted sunflower seeds
- Finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Small bakery-style dinner rolls
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Mini Ranch Chicken Salad Rolls
- Combine the chicken, apple, sunflower seeds, yellow bell pepper, cheddar cheese, mayo, and ranch dressing in a bowl and stir to coat.
- Add in more dressing if needed to achieve a creamier consistency.
- Hollow out the tops of each bakery roll and discard the tops or use them for something else.
- Divide the chicken salad amongst the rolls.
How long is chicken salad good for?
Chicken salad can be left covered and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. This means that you can make a nice batch of chicken salad and enjoy it for lunches throughout the week.
Can you freeze chicken salad with mayo?
Technically you can but you shouldn’t normally do this. Thankfully our recipe uses such a small amount of may that it’s perfectly fine to freeze for later! With ordinary chicken salad recipes, they use a lot more mayo and when mayo is frozen and thawed, it separates. We won’t have to worry about that with this recipe so store your chicken salad in an airtight container for up to 3 months before thawing overnight in the fridge.
What goes good with chicken salad sandwiches?
You can serve your sandwiches up with a tasty side dish of fresh fruits and veggies or serve it up with a simple bag of potato chips. Keep the meal simple and light for a perfect summertime lunch.
Here are some more great chicken salad recipes to try soon!
- Thai Cashew Chicken Salad
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
- Greek Chicken Souvlaki Salad
- Chicken Waldorf Salad
- Chicken Souvlaki Pasta Salad
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup finely diced apple, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 8 small bakery-style dinner rolls
- In a bowl, combine chicken through ranch dressing; stir to coat. Add more dressing if you need to achieve a creamier consistency.
- Hollow out the tops of each bakery roll, discard tops or save for another use. Divide chicken salad among rolls.
Amount Per Serving Calories 179Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 41mgSodium 391mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 11g