Mini ranch chicken salad rolls are portable, fun and completely delicious!
When I was in school, what your friends had in their lunches was just as important as what was in your own lunch. The food was like currency back then. Deals were either made or broken over Little Debbie snacks or a bag of chips. Fruit Roll-Ups were exchanged for Doritos; Zebra Cakes were traded for Nutter Butters. It happened all the time. Heaven help you if your mom packed you Fig Newtons.
Lunches are so different today. First of all they are packed in fun containers like Bento Boxes or neoprene bags with cool colors and designs. This is a far cry from my brown paper bags that barely made it to the lunch table without being torn or wet. My lunch was always smashed by the time I was ready to eat. Kids today can literally consume anything they want for lunch. From almond butter to burrito bowls to pita sandwiches to salads. There are lunch foods available that will fit any diet and any taste.
These ranch chicken salad rolls will surely be the envy of any lunch table! Bakery style dinner rolls are filled with an easy to assemble chicken salad that kids are sure to love. This ranch chicken salad is made with diced chicken (leftovers are perfect or even rotisserie chicken if you have it), sunflower seeds, crisp bell peppers, freshly peeled apples, cheddar cheese, and a little ranch dressing. These rolls are perfectly portable, portioned and fun to eat! I am willing to wager, no one will be trading THESE rolls!
Ranch chickens salad is tucked inside soft, bakery-style rolls to make lunch easy, portable and fun!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup finely diced apple, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoons mayo
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 8 small bakery-style dinner rolls
- In a bowl, combine chicken through ranch dressing; stir to coat. Add more dressing if you need to achieve a creamier consistency.
- Hollow out the tops of each bakery roll, discard tops or save for another use. Divide chicken salad among rolls.
More recipes to love: