Creamy homemade raspberry ice cream is soft and smooth. Tart raspberries and cream make this ice cream rich and delicious.
Melted chocolate is swirled into the cold ice cream as it churns which ensures that specks of chocolate are found in each bite!
The color in this raspberry ice cream is beautiful; the texture is smooth, and the taste is exquisite. This is celebratory, consoling, distracting, bribe-worthing ice cream for sure! Chocolate raspberry swirl ice cream is a homemade raspberry ice cream with a nice chocolate swirl throughout. We make this raspberry ice cream recipe with ice cream maker and your blender and no cooking is required!
Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream
This raspberry ice cream recipe does not require using raw eggs. Instead, I used an egg product, like EggBeaters, but I actually used the Kroger store brand. The store brand is JUST as good and costs much less. In fact, this entire recipe was made with Kroger brand products. I add sugar and vanilla to a blender along with half and half and heavy cream. I think the heavy cream makes ice cream especially luscious, but you could cut the fat by using all half and half or milk if in a pinch. Thawed frozen raspberries get combined with a little lemon juice and sugar in a food processor then are strained through a fine strainer to extract solids. The juice that remains is mixed in with your cream mixture.
I melted semi-sweet chocolate then carefully swirled in the chocolate while my ice cream is churning. This is one summer ice cream recipe to snack on all season long. Everyone will love this raspberry chocolate ice cream recipe and you’ll love how easy it is to make.
For the raspberry puree, you will need:
- Frozen raspberries
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
For the ice cream, you will need:
- Egg product
- Granulated sugar
- Heavy cream
- Half and Half
- Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Swirled Raspberry Ice Cream
- Place the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a food processor. Blend until combined.
- Pour the raspberry puree through a fine-mesh strainer and use the back of a wooden spoon to press out the juice. Set the raspberry juice aside and discard the seeds and pulp.
- In a blender combine the egg product, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream and half and half and blend until combined.
- Add in the raspberry mixture.
- Place the mixture into the fridge to chill for an hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready, churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- After the ice cream has been churning for 3 minutes, slowly stream in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until set.
Can I use dark chocolate?
Yes, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips but feel free to use any other chocolate variety including dark chocolate for a nice dark chocolate raspberry ice cream that sounds almost sinfully delicious.
How do you make ice cream soft and fluffy?
I find the best way to get ultra-creamy raspberry ice cream is to refrigerate your mixture for at least 1 hour. To place it into the fridge for several hours or even overnight is ideal.
How should homemade ice cream be stored?
Keep your homemade ice cream stored in a well-covered airtight container or a covered bread pan in the freezer for up to a few weeks. Homemade ice cream will last indefinitely in the freezer, like most ice creams, but you really want to enjoy it sooner rather than later to avoid the freezer burn which is when the ice cream gets ice crystals and starts to experience some flavor being lost.
We have more ice cream recipes to share! Check them out soon!
- Swiss Roll Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Smores Ice Cream Cake
- Banana Ice Cream
- Moose Tracks Ice Cream Milkshake
- Eggnog Ice Cream Float
Chocolate Swirled Raspberry Ice Cream
A creamy and sweet homemade raspberry ice cream with chocolate pieces swirled in.
- 16 oz packages frozen raspberries, thawed (or 3 cups fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Splash lemon juice
- 4 oz egg product ( I used Kroger brand)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the raspberries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined. Pour berries into a fine mesh strainer, and use the back of a wooden spoon to press out the juice. Set raspberry juice aside. In a blender, combine egg product, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Process until smooth. Slowly pour in heavy cream and half and half and blend until combined. Add raspberry mixture. Place mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready, churn ice cream according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. When three minutes are remaining in the churning process, slowly stream in melted chocolate.
- Pour ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze until set.
* Kroger brand products were used to create this entire recipe*
Amount Per Serving Calories 611Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 131mgSodium 58mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 6gSugar 77gProtein 6g
What a lovely color! And the taste must be amazing!
Is that 1 ( 16 oz.) pkg. of frozen raspberries? Thank you!