Moose tracks ice cream is replicated in this easy, rich and creamy milkshake!
The end of the school year is here! Every year, we celebrate the last day of school by heading straight to our favorite ice cream shop! The kids enjoy their ice cream with a newfound zeal. They feel liberated and excited about all that summer has to offer. This is the time where we map out our summer bucket list and talk about what we love about summer. This summer is bittersweet, my oldest daughter is going into the 7th grade. The elementary years will soon be a distant memory; she inching closer and closer to adulthood. I’m having a hard time with that. That is why this summer has to be special.
This year I think I’m going to skip the ice cream shop and treat the kids to tall glasses of homemade milkshakes instead. Homemade milkshakes are THE BEST! They are easy and the possibilities are endless! Some of our favorites include this peach cobbler milkshake and this marshmallow chocolate milkshake.
Moose Tracks Milkshake
This Moose Tracks milkshake starts with lots of vanilla ice cream, cold milk, a little peanut butter, lots of peanut butter cups and a generous amount of hot fudge sauce! Moose Tracks ice cream is a favorite of ours; this milkshake didn’t just taste like our favorite ice cream, it was better. It was cool, creamy, ultra rich and delicious! I think milkshakes might be our new end of the school year tradition!
A few tips: I used a generous amount of ice cream in my shake because we like our shakes to be thick. You can easily add more milk if you like your shake thinner. I used 2 % milk because that is what we drink. Feel free to use what you have on hand.
I partnered with ADA Mideast to create this original recipe for the Drink-Milk.com website in celebration of June Dairy Month. A few other June Dairy Month recipes are:
Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie by Recipe Runner
Creamy Summer Fruit Pizzas by Frugal Foodie Mama
Lemon Mousse Dessert Cups by Inside BruCrew Life
Peach Blueberry Smoothie Bowls by A Cedar Spoon
Chipotle Lime Chicken Taco Bowl with Mango Chipotle Sauce by Spoonful of Flavor
Lemon Yogurt Parfaits with Blueberries & Honey-Glazed Walnuts by Love Grows Wild
Honey Mustard Yogurt Chicken Skewers by Garnish with Lemon
Green Smoothie Parfait Pops by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Zucchini Noodle Mac and Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Food Faith Fitness
Moose Tracks Milkshake
- 6-8 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6-8 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream
- Peanut butter cups for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients up to the hot fudge sauce in a blender. Blend just until mixed, adding more milk or ice cream to achieve the desired consistency.
- Place 1 tablespoon of hot fudge sauce in the bottom of two tall glasses; pour half of the milkshake into each glass. Add another tablespoon of hot fudge sauce to each glass. Divide remaining milkshake between the two glasses and add the final two tablespoons of fudge sauce to each glass.
- Garnish shakes with whipped cream and extra peanut butter cups of desired.