This queso Blanco dip is the only cheese dip you’ll ever need!
This dip is melty, creamy, and cheesy, with just the right about of spice!
I am proud to have partnered with the American Dairy Association Mideast to bring you this recipe.
Queso Blanco To Celebrate
I don’t know much about the origin of St. Patrick’s Day or Cinco de Mayo but I love celebrating both holidays. Both holidays have two very important things in common; good food and good drinks. St. Patrick’s Day is filled food like Reuben Loaded Potatoes Recipe, Guinness Cheese Dip, or Bailey’s Salted Caramel Brownies and drinks like this Bubbly Irish or this Irish Mint Mojito.
I could literally eat chips, salsa, and guacamole every day and never get bored. But what really makes me happy is hot, melted cheese. There is something so comforting and soothing about cheesy dips. For me, dips make me feel especially happy when they have a little heat!
About This Queso Blanco Dip
You can’t open a bag of chips without serving up some Queso Blanco to go with them! This dip starts on the stove but finishes in the crockpot, where it stays creamy and hot for as long as you need.
- This dip is made with three kinds of cheese and lean and healthy Greek yogurt. Adding Greek yogurt to recipes doesn’t sacrifice flavor, but it does add protein.
- White Cheddar and Monterey Jack work extremely well together in this recipe. The cheddar is tangy with a sharp bite to it while the jack cheese is creamy and smooth. Cheese is the No. 2 source of calcium for Americans and it is the No.1 food craving for Americans, beating even chocolate!
- I used canned chopped jalapenos and chili peppers. If you want to substitute fresh jalapenos, that would work, they would add a bit more heat and a fresh tasting bite.
- I added a few of my favorite spices, they can be omitted if you prefer.
- When melting the cheese on the stove top, be sure to slowly add enough milk (whisking constantly) to make a creamy, dippable consistency.
For more information about dairy nutrition, to find delicious new recipes and to meet Ohio and West Virginia dairy farmers, visit www.Drink-Milk.com, and follow the American Dairy Association Mideast on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 2 cups jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 oz chopped chilies
- 4 oz chopped jalapenos
- ⅓ cup milk
In a saucepan, whisk together the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and jack cheese. Stir in Greek yogurt and garlic until mixture becomes creamy. Add spices and chopped chilies and jalapenos. Whisk in enough milk until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour queso into a crockpot to keep warm. Top dip with extra jalapenos and chopped tomatoes if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g