What Are Salmon Tacos?
Salmon tacos feature fresh salmon that is fully seasoned and cooked to perfection! The salmon is delicately placed in soft, flour tortillas and topped with simple topping! This is a light, simple, low-stress meal that can be enjoyed all year long!
Salmon tacos, or any fish taco, are usually quick cooking so you get dinner on the table in a flash. As far as fish go, salmon can be a little “fishy” tasting but the seasoning blend on this salmon will mask that making this a great dish for those who are on the fence about eating salmon.
WHERE IS THE SALMON TACO RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Salmon Tacos Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What To Add To Salmon Tacos?
Since the salmon is so nicely seasoned in this recipe, I don’t bother to add much to the tacos themselves. I made a super easy jalapeno cream using sour cream, freshly squeezed lime juice and fresh, sliced jalapenos. You can change the number of jalapenos called for in this recipe and while you can use canned jalapenos fresh peppers are so much better. They offer a crispness to each taco. I added cubed avocados to my toppings to cool the heat from the peppers and the seasoning and fresh cilantro add a bit of color.
What To Eat With Salmon Tacos?
Want more ways with salmon? Some of my favorite recipes are BLT Salmon Dinner, Easy Grilled Salmon Recipe with Chickpeas, Sheet Pan Mediterranean Salmon, Salmon with Brown Butter Almond Sauce, Air Fryer Salmon, and Grilled Herb Lemon Salmon Kabobs. If you love tacos, then try these shrimp tacos or these cauliflower tacos too!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 6 -in tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- pinch of salt
- Combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, paprika salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture over salmon. Cook salmon in olive oil in a preheated skillet or grill pan.
- Continue to cook salmon until no longer pink, about 4 minutes per side.
- While salmon cooks, combine sour cream, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro and salt in a bowl.
- To serve, place salmon in a warmed tortilla and top with jalapeno cream. Serve with avocados and salsa if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 570Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 94mgSodium 694mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 32g