These mini salted caramel brownies are made with Bailey’s Irish Cream! Each brownie bite has a hidden treasure tucked inside. These bite-sized desserts are perfect when you want to satisfy your sweet tooth!
I’m not instinctively a competitive person. I had a boyfriend laugh at me once when I told him that. He was big into soccer at the time so he couldn’t fathom anything but competition. Needless to say, we didn’t last long. I just don’t have that drive or seek out competition just for the thrill. I’m too laid back I suppose. And perhaps just a teeny bit lazy.
I come in at the bottom of my monthly neighborhood card game each month, and I’m ok with it. My eight year old beats me at Disney trivia, and it’s all good. My daughter outruns me, and I just laugh it off. I don’t need to win to have fun; I just enjoy the game. At least that’s my motto with everything except for food. When someone raves about salted caramel bakery cupcakes, my ears perk up, and a little fire starts brewing in my belly. I instantly think, “well I can make that too.” It’s my ego; it won’t let me sit back and accept that someone might be a better baker than myself. At that moment I realize that is what being competitive is all about. It has an ego that will not accept defeat. So I stand corrected I’m more competitive than I thought.
These Bailey’s Salted Caramel Brownies are my version of that salted caramel cupcake Where the original was chocolate cake; mine are fudgy chocolate brownies (I used this Mint Fudge Brownie Recipe). The best part is the hidden gem tucked inside each little brownie. I have caramel candies resting inside so that once you take a bit, you are hit with a luscious caramel center. The frosting is so sinfully sweet and creamy; it will make your mouth sing. The caramel buttercream is made with Bailey’s Irish Cream and is adapted from the basic buttercream recipe I used in these Cherry Lime Cookies. The liqueur takes the buttercream to a whole new level, in fact, it’s practically dessert all in on its own. The combination of the Bailey’s salted caramel frosting and the ultra rich brownie is pure decadence. Thankfully these are only two-bite brownies. A little bit goes a long way!
Be sure to only bake the brownies for the time stated, overbaking makes them terribly dense.
I find that to get a creamy frosting; you have to make sure the butter and shortening are creamed well. Add your sugar just a half a cup at a time, beating very well after each addition. The more I beat my buttercream, the fluffier it gets. Add more milk if necessary to make a pipeable (or spreadable) consistency.
If your refrigerate these brownies, allow them to come to room temperature before serving, the Rolo candies will harden upon refrigeration.
Baileys Salted Caramel Brownies
ich chocolate brownies with caramel centers and Bailey's infused caramel buttercream
For the brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 40 unwrapped caramel filled candies
For the buttercream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
For the caramel sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two mini cupcake tins with liners and set aside ( you will fill a total of 40).
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until butter has melted. Stir in sugar until the mixture is glossy. Heat just another 30 seconds or until bubbly. Stir in cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract and Irish cream. Mix in eggs and flour. The brownie mixture will look a little grainy.
- Use a small cookie scoop to fill each cupcake liner. Place a caramel candy in the center of each brownie.
- Bake brownies for 12-15 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool in pans ofr 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the buttercream, beat together the butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in caramel topping until incorporated. Slowly beat in powedered sugar one half a cup at a time until frosting is creamy. Add enough heavy creamy for a piping or spreadable consistency. Pipe or spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- To prepare the caramel sauce, microwave butter and brown sugar together for 30 seconds, stir. Add 3 tablespoons milk to caramel mixture and microwave for another 30 seconds, stir, heat again for another 10-15 seconds or until mixture has combined.. Add Irish cream; stir until thick. Drizzle caramel lightly over brownies and sprinkle with sea salt.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 182kcal Calories from fat 93|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|