I love pot luck and picnic food, especially the desserts!
These brownie bars are loaded with peanuts, mini marshmallows, caramel sauce, AND chocolate frosting!
Good thing this recipe makes enough to share with a crowd!
These loaded marshmallows are the rich and gooey dessert your heart has been dreaming of. Made with a homemade brownie base and given chocolate frosting and caramel sauce over the top you can’t help but fall in love at first bite. The marshmallows are toasted on the outside, but keep their middles perfectly gooey and soft, which tastes superb with the nuts! Smooth caramel is hidden underneath all those crunchy, dry roasted nuts and then sinfully sweet chocolate frosting is drizzled over the entire pan!
What are loaded marshmallow brownies?
They are a fantastic and wonderful twist and upgrade to the classic regular chocolate brownies. Packed with so much added flavor and love in every square this is a dessert you share with the world (or at least your next party). Made with a rich and flavorful brownie and then topped with chocolate frosting, marshmallows, caramel sauce, and more these are not your average brownies.
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Mini marshmallows
- Unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Powdered sugar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Loaded Marshmallow Brownie Bars
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Carefully add in the flour, cocoa powder, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased jelly roll pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and then drizzle the caramel over the top of the brownie.
- Top it with mini marshmallows and peanuts.
- Return the bars to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the marshmallows being to turn brown and toasty.
- Remove the pan from the oven and immediately drizzle the top with some chocolate frosting.
- To make the frosting, melt the butter, cocoa powder, and milk together in a pan on the stove.
- When dissolved and well mixed, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until the frosting is smooth.
You could use a 9 x 13 pan but your brownies be thicker so you may want to cut them into smaller pieces. This may also affect the bake time so make sure that the brownies are mostly cooked through before topping with the marshmallows.
When melting the chocolate you’ll want to do it in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each to make sure that it doesn’t seize and overcook.
How long are loaded brownie bars good for?
These brownies can be kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For the best taste experience, I recommend eating them within 3-4 days so that they don’t dry out.
What can I use besides peanuts?
If you don’t want to use peanuts in this recipe you can simply omit them. That said alternative nuts that would also taste great would be chopped walnuts or pecans.
Check out these other fabulous brownie recipes you’re sure to enjoy!
- Baileys Salted Caramel Fudgy Brownies
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Slutty Brownie Pie
- Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake Blondie Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 10oz package mini marshmallows
- 1 cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate until smooth and completely melted. Stir in sugar. Carefully mix in flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour onto a greased jelly roll pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove and drizzle caramel over bars. Top with peanuts and marshmallows. Return bars to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until marshmallow begin to brown.
- Remove and immediately drizzle with chocolate frosting.
For the frosting:
- While bars are baking, melt butter, cocoa, and milk. Remove from heat when melted. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with a hand mixer until smooth
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 379Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 62mgSodium 253mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 1gSugar 43gProtein 5g