Cinnamon chocolate brownies are the perfect dessert with a tall glass of milk! Earthy, warm cinnamon is paired with fudgy chocolate brownies in this delicious dessert recipe.
How To Make Chocolate Brownies with Frosting
I know we all have boxes of brownie mix at home. They are great in a pinch, they taste good too, but it is so easy to make homemade brownies! If you think boxed brownies taste good, I promise you homemade brownies are ten times better! This recipe is a blend of flour, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, eggs, and a super creamy homemade frosting!
WHERE IS THE CINNAMON CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Cinnamon Chocolate Brownie Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
This chocolate brownie recipe is very fudgy, as it doesn’t have a lot of flour; only a cup. Cocoa powder lends all the chocolate flavor you need. I used a tablespoon of cinnamon in the brownie batter, but you can alter that to suit your taste. I baked these brownies in a mini muffin tin for one-bite treats. The alternative would be to use a 9 x 13-inch pan. Mini brownies will only take about 15 minutes to bake whereas brownies baked in a pan will take about 30 minutes.
How To Make Chocolate Frosting
Where the brownies are made with cocoa powder, the frosting uses melted chocolate. I used milk chocolate, but dark chocolate or semi-sweet are totally fine to use. The melted chocolate is added to the creamed butter and is followed by powdered sugar. Be sure to add the powdered sugar a cup at a time. You may find you need less powdered sugar than is called for in this recipe. If your frosting is too thick to pipe or spread, add more milk a tablespoon at a time until you are happy with the consistency. The finished frosting can be piped or spread!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 mini muffin tins or a 9x13 pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine sugar and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Stir in sugar mixture. Add eggs one at at time until well blended. Add in vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture and stir until incorporated. Scoop or spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes for mini brownies or 30 minutes for 9 x13 inch pan, or until brownies begin to pull away from pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting:
- In a mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted chocolate. In a separate bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cinnamon. Gradually add sugar mixture to butter, beating until well blended. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Carefully and slowly beat in the milk until frosting is smooth.
- Pipe or spread the frosting onto cool brownies
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 48mgSodium 114mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 2g