Devils food makes the best chocolate cupcakes !
To make them spectacular, top them with buttercream frosting that has been made with fresh raspberries!
I love birthdays don’t you? I always have. I would start the countdown to my July 4th birthday sometime in April! There was something about the anticipation. I would dream about my cake, my presents and just how fantastic the whole day was going to be, because it was all about ME! Perhaps I was a little vain back then.
The thing is I haven’t changed that much when it comes to my birthday. I still look forward to my birthday, but I don’t count down the days anymore. I’m still all about the cake, but now I prefer to make my own cake, like this angel food cake!. I’m still giddy with anticipation about all the good things to come. Although the definition of those good things have changed. Now it’s not all about me, but how we celebrate as a family. I still look forward to the presents. I haven’t changed at all there! I absolutely love presents!
I’m joining in on a virtual birthday party for my friend Meghan over at the Tasty Fork. If you aren’t familiar with her blog, then I urge you to hop on over right after you finish reading this post! I’m celebrating her big day with one of my favorite foods: cupcakes! These rich chocolate cupcakes have a decadent swirl of buttercream that has been made with pureed fresh raspberries! They are sweet, pink and girlishly festive! Perfect for a birthday!
I’m raising a cupcake to you Meghan to wish you Happy Birthday!!!
There’s more birthday fun on Meghan’s bog! Go check out all the fabulous ways my friends are celebrating this special birthday!
NEED MORE CUPCAKES?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SIGN UP FOR MY EMAILS TODAY!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream and A Virtual Birthday Party
- 1 box Devils Food Cake 18,25
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding 5.9oz
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry puree
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine cake mix and pudding mix in a large bowl. Blend in sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Beat on medium spend until well blended.
- Scoop into two line cupcake pans. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18 minutes. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare buttercream
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and shortening. Slowly add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Blend in salt and extracts. Add water by the tablespoon as needed. Stir in raspberry puree and continue to mix until your buttercream is smooth and is piping consistency.
- Pipe a generous amount of frosting on each cupcake (I used a closed star Ateco 849 tip to frost my cupcakes).
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 10509kcal Calories from fat 6053|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 673g||1035%|
|Saturated Fat 217g||1085%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
SEE THIS RECIPE ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!