Raspberry Mocha Chocolate Truffles are decadent bite-sized treats!
Are you getting my posts through Bloglovin?
Our kids have been doing lots of research lately. My oldest daughter researches animal facts and my son researches Lego’s. They love watching videos of kittens frolicking on YouTube or Legos’s being assembled. All fun, all harmless and informative.
But something happened recently that reminded us that we should always be near to monitor their searches. All three kids were seated at the computer. They started out innocently enough researching animals. One search lead to another. First it was biggest cat in the world, then biggest shark in the world. They moved onto the biggest lizard in the world as well as the biggest ship in the world.
The kid’s laughter and conversations were just background noise for my husband and myself. But the subject matter turned and our ears perked up. Out of the blue we hear “lets look up the biggest butt in the world.” It was uttered in innocence. I mean really, what kid doesn’t think “butts” are hilarious? Adults are wiser of course and can sense the danger that awaits with such a search. I start screaming for the kids to back away from the computer, my husband is shouting a warning that they will see things their young, tenders eyes are not ready to see! It was total pandemonium! My kids were knocking over chairs in their attempt to scatter, papers went flying and my dog hid for cover under the couch. Thankfully the crisis was averted.
Needless to say, child initiated research has been banned. All research will be done by adults. I actually thought I should research the biggest chocolate truffle in the world, but realized I don’t really care about the answer. All I care about are THESE truffles and about how absolutely sinful they taste. They have rich, fudgy chocolate, a hint of mocha and a swirl of raspberry. I might need to go eat some more truffles….it’s all in the name of research of course!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Don’t forget you can save each of these recipes to your personal recipe box , create your own meal plan, or add ingredients for each recipe to your shopping list! Just use the “Save Recipe” on all my recipes!
Raspberry Mocha Chocolate Truffles
- 1 12 oz package semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles, cocoa powder or nuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook chocolate and whipping cream over low heat until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and stir in raspberry jam and extracts. Beat mixture with a hand mixer on low speed until chocolate is smooth. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Shape cold chocolate into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in sprinkles.
- Store truffles in a single layer in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!
I may be linking this up to these parties and to