Rich chocolate cupcakes filled with a little nugget of cookie dough (egg free) and topped with thick mocha fudge frosting!
Eventually the trip ends. The bus ride back to school is always a bit more subdued. While my stomach is still doing somersaults, I’m relieved that I didn’t lose any kid in my group. But more importantly, I’m happy to have been able to spend the day with my own kids. These memories in the making are true gifts. Besides, I take comfort in knowing that after the bus takes the kids back to school I will be home with a cup of coffee, some ibuprofen and a big, fat chocolate mocha cupcake! In honor of cookie dough week, I created these ultra decadent cupcakes. Rich devil’s food chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with little nuggets of cookie dough! I always makes these egg free cookie dough balls at Christmas time. They are a tasty treat in these cupcakes! A little surprise. These little cakes are then topped with the silkiest, mocha frosting! A chocolate lovers dream! Here is my little PSA; these are very rich. Have a glass of milk handy! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I LOVE CUPCAKES!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 box Devils Food Cake 18,25
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding 5.9oz
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup warm brewed coffee
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 tablespoons half and half
- In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Gradually mix in flour alternating with the sweetened condensed milk. Beat well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sized balls. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze until ready to use.
- Prepare the cupcakes by combining cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl. Stir in yogurt, oil and eggs beating until mixed. Add vanilla and espresso. Slowly pour in coffee until smooth. Prepare two cupcake pans with liners. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop up batter into each liner about 2/3 full. Place 1 frozen cookie dough into the center of each cupcake. Keep any remaining dough frozen until ready to use. You will have extra cookie dough.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18 minutes. Remove to a cooking rack.
- Beat butter until creamy. Whisk together sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl. Combine coffee and vanilla in a separate bowl. Carefully add sugar mixture alternatively with coffee mixture. Beat on a low speed until blended. Beat in enough half and half until frosting is the desired piping consistency. Frost cooked cupcakes.
- I used an 809 tip to pipe the frosting.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 67mgSodium 139mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 5g