These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mocha Cupcakes are sure to delight cupcake and cookie lovers alike.
Rich chocolate cupcakes filled with a little nugget of cookie dough (egg free) and topped with thick mocha fudge frosting!
In honor of cookie dough week, I created these ultra decadent cupcakes. Rich devil’s food chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with little nuggets of cookie dough! I always makes these egg free cookie dough balls at Christmas time. They are a tasty treat in these cupcakes! A little surprise. These little cakes are then topped with the silkiest, mocha frosting! A chocolate lovers dream! Here is my little PSA; these are very rich. Have a glass of milk handy! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Devils Food Cake
- Chocolate instant pudding
- Greek yogurt
- Espresso powder
- Warm brewed coffee
- Powdered sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Hot coffee
- Half and half
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mocha Cupcakes
- Combine the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add in the flour, alternating with the sweetened condensed milk. Beat well after each additino.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape into 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon-sized balls and arrange on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer to chill until ready to use.
- Combine the cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, oil, and eggs. Beat until mixed.
- Add in the vanilla and espresso powder.
- Slowly pour in the coffee and mix until smooth.
- Prepare two cupcake pans with pepper liners and use a large cookie scoop to scoop out the batter and fill the cups about 2/3 of the way full.
- Place 1 frozen cookie dough ball into the center of each cupcake. Store any leftover dough balls in the freezer until ready to use. You will have leftovers.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter until it’s nice and creamy.
- in a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and cocoa until well blended.
- combine the coffee and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- carefully add the sugar mixture alternatively with the coffee mixture.
- beat on low speed until blended.
- beat in just enough half and half that the frosting is a good consistency for piping.
- Frost the tops of cooled cupcakes.
I used an 809 tip to pipe the frosting but you can use anything from a baggie with the corner snipped to a fancier-looking tip if preferred.
Need more mocha chocolate recipes to satisfy those cravings? I’ve got you covered!
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Mocha Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Peppermint Mocha Mudslide
- Mocha Mudslide Hot Chocolate
- Raspberry Mocha Chocolate Truffles
- Baileys Mocha Chocolate Roll
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 box Devils Food Cake 18,25
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding 5.9oz
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup warm brewed coffee
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 tablespoons half and half
- In a large bowl combine butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Gradually mix in flour alternating with the sweetened condensed milk. Beat well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sized balls. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze until ready to use.
- Prepare the cupcakes by combining cake mix and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl. Stir in yogurt, oil and eggs beating until mixed. Add vanilla and espresso. Slowly pour in coffee until smooth. Prepare two cupcake pans with liners. Using a large cookie scoop, scoop up batter into each liner about 2/3 full. Place 1 frozen cookie dough into the center of each cupcake. Keep any remaining dough frozen until ready to use. You will have extra cookie dough.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 18 minutes. Remove to a cooking rack.
- Beat butter until creamy. Whisk together sugar and cocoa in a separate bowl. Combine coffee and vanilla in a separate bowl. Carefully add sugar mixture alternatively with coffee mixture. Beat on a low speed until blended. Beat in enough half and half until frosting is the desired piping consistency. Frost cooked cupcakes.
- I used an 809 tip to pipe the frosting.
Serving Size1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 67mgSodium 139mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 1gSugar 37gProtein 5g