I received products for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Get ready for some finger-licking fun! Shrimp, potatoes, sausage and corn boiled together with lots of spice!
Finger food at it’s finest!
Three years ago, my good friend introduced my family to Frogmore Stew. Being naive northerners, we had no idea exactly what “Frogmore” was but we were open to trying it. We never looked back! That was hands down one of the best meals we ever ate. There was lots of fresh seafood, potatoes and corn spread out onto the table for all of us to feast upon! Each one of us had butter dribbling down our chins and covering our fingers. Our kids were in heaven, here was a meal they were actually encouraged to eat with their hands.
Shrimp boils have now become my go-to meal for any occasion that involves me cooking for a lot of people. If I’m hosting a party….I make a shrimp boil. Birthday? A Shrimp boil. New Year’s eve? A shrimp boil. It makes a lot of food, looks impressive and pleases everyone! Best of all, it requires hardly any work on my part! So simple. If you can boil water, you can do a shrimp boil! I will say that you do need a few good stock pots, but that’s about it. Forks and plates are totally optional. A big table, paper towels, and newspapers preferred! Serve with butter and cocktail sauce on the side.
I owe my friend a big thanks for introducing us to a whole new way to eat shrimp. If I’ve done my job, hopefully I’ve introduced you to a whole new way to eat shrimp! And I hope you love it!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Spicy Shrimp Boil #ShrimpShowdown
- 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and cleaned
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- 12 oz andouille sausage, cut into chunks
- 12 min corn on the cobs (frozen and thawed)
- 5 lbs shell on uncooked shrimp
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 3 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Fill a very large stockpot with water (I used two) halfway. Bring to a boil and pour in Old Bay seasoning along with potatoes and garlic. Continue to boil for 15 minutes. Add sausages and boil for 5 minutes. Add in corn and boil another 5 minutes. Finally add shrimp, lemon, and red pepper. Boil another 5 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink. Drain and serve.
- Serves 10-12
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 6258kcal Calories from fat 2326|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 258g||397%|
|Saturated Fat 80g||400%|
|Dietary Fiber 60g||240%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
SEE THIS ON MY PINTEREST BOARD!