Peanut butter cookie dough, sandwiched between oatmeal peanut butter cookies. Yes, this recipe will become a favorite, because the cookie dough has no eggs in it!
I spent an inordinate amount of time during my high school years driving around in a bright orange Ford Bronco. My best friend was at the wheel and I was usually co-pilot. We weren’t bad teenagers, we were just bored. So we drove around and around and around. We drove past friend’s houses, boy’s houses, searched for parties, and then we’d do it all over again. This was how we spent most of our weekend evenings. Sometimes we’d pile in a bunch of friends into the Bronco too (always a good idea right?) and sometimes it was just the two of us, but we were always in that Bronco.
Some nights we found ourselves at parties or friend’s houses or the movies, but no matter what we did, most evenings would end with cookie dough. I’m not saying I’m proud of this fact. My hips weren’t proud either! This just became a tradition.
Yes, you are right, it was sort of disgusting. I know there’s the whole raw cookie dough thing, something we didn’t think about back then. We just grabbed a roll and a spoon and dug in! I ate a LOT of cookie dough back then! Needless to say, I managed to cut way back on my cookie dough consumption since my teen years (my hips thank me)!
Until now, that is. My love affair with cookie dough has been rekindled with this eggless peanut butter cookie dough version! Brings back memories.
The problem with making this cookie dough is it’s too hard to stop eating! Knowing it’s egg free doesn’t help. I’d fill a cookie and then take a spoonful. Eat a cookie, take a spoonful, eat a cookie…. Honestly, I’m surprised I had enough for all my cookies!
You know what I’m going to do when these cookies are gone? I’m going to make more peanut butter cookie dough just to munch on. In fact, I think I’ll keep a tub in my fridge at all times. You just never know when that cookie dough craving will hit and I believe in always being prepared!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
This recipe is for peanut butter cookie dough lovers, and wannabe cookie dough lovers!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients ending with oats. Stir until combined. Shape dough into 1 in balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden. Remove to cooking wracks.
- To prepare filling, cream together butter, peanut butter and both sugar until blended. Stir in flour until combined. Carefully mix in milk a little at a time until you reach a good spreading consistency. Stir in chips. Filling will be thick.
- Carefully spread about a tablespoon of dough onto flat side of one cookie, top with another cookie. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 sandwich cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 384Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 49mgSodium 352mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 8g