Spinach and artichoke dip with a little heat! Roasted poblano’s and jalapeños add spice
that’s tamed by lots of lusciously creamy cheese!
How To Make Tex-Mex Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach artichoke dip is so easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser. This recipe is rich and creamy and that comes from cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese. The “tex-mex” flavor comes from roasted poblano and jalapenos peppers. The creamy base is the perfect backdrop for the spicy peppers!
ABOUT THIS SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Tex-Mex Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
The key to getting big flavor out of this recipe is by roasting poblano and jalapeno peppers. I simply place my peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet and stick them in a very hot oven. I turn them once or twice, you want to be sure they get blistered on all sides. It is ok if the skin turns black, the skin will be removed once the peppers have cooled (the skin comes off very easily).
Cream together softened cream cheese and sour cream. Add in your shredded cheeses, chopped roasted peppers, spinach, and chopped artichokes. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and bake until bubbly!
I always use frozen spinach for these types of recipe. It is always chopped perfectly and makes my life easier. One thing to note, be sure your spinach is thawed and that it all the liquid is squeezed out!! That last note is extremely important if your spinach has any moisture your dip will be runny.
What Goes With Spinach Artichoke Dip?
Almost anything! You could serve this dip with tortilla chips, corn chips, bread rounds, or even chopped vegetables! This dip needs something sturdy to scoop it up as it is packed with all kinds of creamy goodness!
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14oz can artichokes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 8 oz block reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 8oz block fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 poblano, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat broiler. On a foiled lined baking sheet, broil poblano and jalapeno for about 5-7 minutes or until skin has blackened. Remove to plastic zip top bag. Turn oven to 350.
- Combine sour cream through cream cheese in a bowl, stirring until combined.
- Remove peppers from bag. Peel and discard skin. Chop peppers. Add the peppers to the cream cheese mixture. Add 1 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, drained spinach, and chopped artichokes to the cream cheese mixture; stir. Spoon mixture into a greased 1 ½ quart-baking dish (broiler proof). Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Preheat broiler and broil dip for 3 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 108 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 19mg Sodium 272mg Carbohydrates 8g Fiber 2g Sugar 2g Protein 8g