Buffalo chicken chili will warm you from the inside out! It’s hearty, filling and perfectly seasoned!
This Buffalo Chicken Chili will satisfy any appetite!
What Is Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo chicken chili is a stove-top chili recipe that is made with ground chicken, pinto beans, canned tomatoes, seasoning, broth and buffalo wing sauce. This chili is easy to throw together and tastes great for a weeknight meal for any game day event.
There are a variety of ways to make chicken chili. Often you will find a creamier based chili where chicken broth is the base and heavy cream or sour cream is stirred in just before serving. This type of chicken chili is usually referred to as “white” chicken chili.
WHERE IS THE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Buffalo Chicken Chili Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Chili
Much like my Chipotle Brisket Chili Recipe, Smoky Lentil Chili, or my Indian Spice Chili, this recipe is tomato based. I start the recipe by sauteing vegetables with a little oil and garlic and then adding in ground chicken and pinto beans. I season the meat and the vegetables before adding in crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and the main ingredient; Buffalo wing sauce. The chili should simmer for about 20-30 minutes before serving (the longer it can sit the better it will taste). Garnish the chili with crumbled blue cheese if desired.
Can You Freeze Chicken Chili?
Tomato based chilis freeze remarkably well. Place the cooled chili in gallon-sized ziptop bags. Make sure all the air is out of the bag and store the chili flat. When needed, allow the bag to thaw in the refrigerator, then heat the chili in a large saucepan.
Chicken Chili Tips
The ground chicken can be replaced for diced chicken tenders or breasts. Chicken breasts may take a little longer to cook.
Any bean can be used in place of the pinto beans.
I used a mild Buffalo sauce, but the amount of spice and the amount of sauce used is dependent upon your tastes.
This chili can easily be made in the slow cooker. Prepare the recipe as directed up until the chicken has been cooked and seasoned. Place the vegetables and the chicken in a slow cooker followed by the remaining ingredients. Heat on low for 4 hours.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions celery and pepper (frozen)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 14 oz cans pinto beans rinsed and draining
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 32 oz container chicken broth
- ¼-½ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- crumbled Blue Cheese for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large stock pot over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook until they begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add ground chicken to the pan, and cook until no longer pink, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Stir in the pinto beans.
- Season chicken mixture with cumin, salt, paprika, chili powder, and oregano; stir.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and Buffalo wing sauce. Bring chili to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-20 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 441 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 88mg Sodium 1937mg Carbohydrates 49g Fiber 16g Sugar 9g Protein 35g