EAThis chicken and broccoli stir fry is easy and will quickly become a family favorite! Chicken and broccoli are tossed with noodles and a light peanut butter sauce. Don’t even bother with take-out!
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
It’s time to skip the takeout and make your own chicken and broccoli stir fry at home! By making this at home, you can control the sodium and the flavor, it is made to suit your own tastes!
This easy recipe starts by making a marinade for the chicken. The marinade is made with soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, garlic, and a little hot sauce (optional). I like to use ziptop bags to marinade chicken because it makes for easy mixing and clean up. I had my chicken sit in the marinade for at least 15 minutes. In general, the longer the chicken sits in the marinade, the more flavor it will have. However, I have prepared this recipe without having the chicken sit in a marinade for long and the recipe turned out fine!
WHERE IS THE CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
To finish off this recipe, stir fry broccoli florets in a hot pan, and heat just until they begin to soften and turn brown, remove and set aside. Add the chicken to the same skillet and cook until the chicken begins to turn caramel in color.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry with Noodles
Stir fries are most often served with rice (white or fried), although you will occasionally see ramen noodles make an appearance. I chose to serve this stir fry over linguini noodles. Linguini noodles are great for holding sauce and they make for an especially filling dish.
I coat my linguini noodles with flavorful peanut sauce. The peanut sauce works well with the marinade chicken and the crisp broccoli. The sauce adds a little creaminess and richness to the whole dish!
- 4 chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 12 oz Udon noodles or linguini
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients. Place chicken in a zip-top bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccoli is bright green and crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Heat chicken in the oil until browned and caramel in color, about 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, both of the vinegars, sugar, and oil.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain, reserving, 1 tablespoon of cooking liquid. Return noodles to pan, add peanut butter sauce and reserved liquid. Toss to coat. Serve with chicken and broccoli.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 386 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 5mg Sodium 1003mg Carbohydrates 46g Fiber 4g Sugar 13g Protein 12g