Not sure what to do with Brussels sprouts? Then look no further! Those little veggie tastes great in this beef stir fry! This is one dish that makes a great weeknight meal! It is super quick and always delivers big flavor!
Don’t we all have dishes that we turn to over and over again? This would have to be mine. For one thing, this is one of the few ways I get my kids to eat Brussels sprouts. Secondly, this dish is so easy and requires ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
What Is Beef Stir Fry?
Thinly sliced beef is a quick-cooking skillet dish combined with veggies and a thick soy and ginger sauce.
What Do I Need For This Beef Stir Fry?
How Do I Make This Brussel Sprouts Beef Stir Fry?
- Thinly cut steak diagonally against the grain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet. Add one tablespoon oil. Add steak in batches, letting them cook over high heat until meat is no longer pink. Transfer meat to a plate and set aside. Wipe out the skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Stir-fry Brussels sprouts until lightly browned. Add garlic and ginger stirring for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and cornstarch.
- Add liquid to sprouts and bring to a boil. Cook until sprouts are tender. Stir in steak.
- Serve over rice.
What Cut of Beef Should I Use For Stir Fry?
Some of the best cuts of beef for stir-fries are skirt steaks, flank steak, and sirloin tip steak. These cuts are tender, economical and very flavorful.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- If you have a strong aversion to Brussels sprouts, then you can turn this into a beef and broccoli stir fry instead.
- Peanut oil is listed as an ingredient, however, vegetable oil can be used instead. Peanut oil is often used in stir fry recipes because it has a high smoke point allowing for food to cook faster.
- Add bell peppers or snow peas if desired.
- Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or noodles.
Is This Beef Stir Fry Keto?
As is? No, it does not fit into the Keto diet. If you swap out avocado oil for the peanut oil and omit the sugar, then this works for your Keto diet! Eat it as is or with cauliflower rice.
Can I Freeze This Beef Stir Fry?
Yes, you could stir fry your vegetables and then freeze them to be reheated in the microwave. Stir frying still kills the enzymes that would cause them to over-ripen in the freezer. Don’t over cook them because freezing will soften them more, just stir fry until ‘crisp tender. Do not freeze the rice.
Keep this dish in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat, allow the bag to thaw in the fridge. Heat a large skillet and warm up the stir fry in the skillet or use the microwave, stirring as you heat.
More Easy Beef Recipes:
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Thinly cut steak diagonally the grain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet. Add on tablespoon oil. Add steak in batches, letting them cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Transfer meat to a plate and set aside. Wipe out skillet.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir-fry Brussels sprouts for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add ginger and garlic stirring for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine broth, sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, and cornstarch. Whisk until smooth.
- Add liquid to sprouts and bring to a boil. Cook until sprouts are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in steak.
- Serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 90mgSodium 903mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 36g