These loaded carne asada fries are the snack that eats like a meal! French fries are loaded with grilled, seasoned beef, vegetables, guacamole, and salsa! Bring your appetite, these fries are too good to resist!
I’m proud to have partnered with The Ohio Beef Council to bring you this recipe.
Then I go and make these loaded carne asada fries and I realize that I am a lot like my son. I love snack food too and when I can make a meal out of snack food, then I am the happiest person around!
What Are Carne Asada Fries?
Carne asada is beef that has been grilled and thinly sliced. Sometimes you will find that it has been marinated. The beef is then served over baked french fries and topped with your favorite toppings.
How To Make Carne Asada Fries?
For this carne asada fries recipe, I used a flat iron steak. Flank steak comes from the shoulder area. It has a deep beefy flavor. I used this particular cut because it has a bit of marbling which gives the beef so much flavor.
I rubbed the steak with olive oil as well as a seasoning mixture made with cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, and a touch of cayenne pepper.
The steak doesn’t take like to grill, only about 5-7 minutes per side.
For the rest of the carne asada fries:
I used frozen french fries, that I prepared in the oven while my steak was grilling. When they were ready, I topped the fries with a simple cheese sauce, bite-sizes pieces of steak, corn, diced tomatoes and onions and a couple of large dollops of guacamole. I sprinkled queso fresco over the fries just before serving!
What Other Cut Of Beef Can I Use For Carne Asada Fries?
Some of the best cuts for grilling include Strip Steak, Flank and Ribeye. Any of these cuts can be used for this recipe.
If you are unsure about grilling times and techniques, follow these beef grilling guidelines.
Tips For Making The Best Carne Asada Fries?
- Olive oil, lime juice, and the spice rub and can be used to make a marinade. Marinate the beef for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Allow ¼ to ½ cup of marinade for every pound of beef, and always marinate beef in the refrigerator, never at room temperature
- After grilling, allow the beef to rest for about five minutes before cutting and serving. This prevents the tasty juices from draining out of the meat and all over your plate.
- Homemade roasted potatoes, or sweet potatoes can be used in place of frozen potatoes.
- The carne asada fries can also be topped with black or pinto beans, pico de gallo, diced avocados, pickled jalapenos or chilies, more or less guacamole, cilantro, and sour cream.
Facts About Beef
- · Calorie-for-calorie, beef is one of the most naturally nutrient-rich foods. A 3-oz serving of beef is about 150 calories but provides 25 grams of protein and 10 essential nutrients, wrapped up in one tasty package.
- You would have to eat 8 ounces of chicken breast to get the same amount of iron as 3 ounces of beef.
- Add lean beef to your diet and your heart will thank you! Research shows that enjoying lean beef as part of a heart-healthy diet can lower cholesterol and reduce heart disease risk.
Connect with Lemons for Lulu!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #lemonsforlulu! I would love to see your talents!
I have a group dedicated to food and you! Check out my group page on join in on the fun! This is where you can ask questions, share recipes, connect with others and see more of Lemons for Lulu. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.