This Mushroom and Beef Tenderloin Recipe is going to be on your menu soon.
Thick and juicy beef tenderloin recipe with meaty portobello mushrooms and fresh herb butter.
This beef tenderloin recipe is so simple but tastes so amazing. The tenderloins are seasoned simply with salt and pepper and placed on a hot skillet where they are cooked until they are browned on the outside but left the perfect shade of pink in the center. These tenderloins are served with an easy, homemade herb butter that melts as soon as it is placed on the beef but under the meaty portobello mushrooms. Each bite is a pure flavor experience!
Beef Tenderloin and Mushrooms
You are going to love this easy recipe from the beef tenderloin with herb butter to the meaty portobello mushrooms this dish has it all. Serve it up for fancy occasions like Valentine’s day, anniversaries, and more. Every bite is melt-in-your-mouth good and the recipe is so easy to make too! This beef tenderloin with mushrooms recipe is sure to become an instant favorite in your house and it’s not hard to see why. With mushrooms with beef tenderloin on the menu, you can always enjoy a savory dish that feels like quality in every bite.
For the herbed butter, you will need:
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh basil
For the Steak, you will need:
- Beef tenderloins steaks
For the Mushrooms, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Sliced portobello mushrooms
- Garlic cloves
- Worcestershire sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Mushroom and Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- Prepare the butter by combining the chopped herbs and softened butter in a bowl.
- Place the butter herb mixture into a piece of plastic wrap and then roll it into a log and place it into the fridge.
- Spray a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle your beef tenderloins with salt and pepper and then place them into the hot skillet.
- Sear the tenderloins for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Continue to cook for an additional 7 minutes per side or until the inside of the beef is medium-rare. The time needed will vary depending on the size and thickness of the beef.
- While that is cooking, prepare the mushrooms by heating another skillet over medium heat. Add in the oil.
- Stir in the garlic and cook the mushrooms until they are just beginning to soften. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve your tenderloins with the butter the softened mushrooms.
- Each side is seared for just 2 -3 minutes. Followed by a browning for another 7 minutes or so depending on the thickness of your tenderloins. Cooking the beef this way allows for a good crust to form on the outside. The outer layer of beef will cook perfectly while the center stays tastefully pink.
- In regards to the butter, I used rosemary, basil, and thyme; I like how these herbs taste with both the beef and the mushrooms, but you could substitute oregano or even parsley for any of the herbs. I would be sure to use fresh herbs if possible.
- Prepare your butter in advance, but let it come to room temperature just before serving.
Do I have to cook steak in a cast iron skillet?
Nope! I just love to use cast iron skillets because I like how they conduct heat and cook everything evenly, but you can use any skillet sized pan that you have on hand.
What can I use instead of portobello mushrooms?
You could use baby Bella mushrooms instead of the thick and meaty portobellos, but I love how the woodsy taste of the portobellos tastes with the tender beef and the herbs in the butter.
What goes well with steak and mushrooms?
Some great side dishes to include with your meal would be cooked green vegetables like asparagus, leeks, or broccoli. Serving a nice baked potato with this meal could also be a wonderful idea!
If you like this then check out some more of the fabulous steak recipes that we have to offer!
- Easy Crock Pot Cube Steak
- Steak Diane
- Easy Taco Salad Recipe with Steak
- Black and Blue Steak Salad
- Easy Steak Alfredo
- Steak au Poivre
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh basil
- 4 4 oz beef tenderloins steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 oz sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- To prepare the butter, combine chopped herbs and softened butter in a bowl. Place in plastic wrap, roll in a log, and refrigerate.
Steak and Mushroom Recipe
- Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle tenderloins with salt and pepper and place in hot skillet.
- Sear tenderloins for 2-3 minutes per side. Then continue to cook tenderloins for additional 7 minutes per side or until medium rare. This time will vary, depending upon the thickness of your beef.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mushrooms by heating oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook mushrooms just until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- Serve tenderloins with butter and softened mushrooms.
Amount Per Serving Calories 758Total Fat 63gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 211mgSodium 562mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 44g