You’ve never had buffalo chicken like this before.
Creamy buffalo chicken and vegetables are topped with blue cheese biscuits come together in this easy savory cobbler recipe!
If you love comfort food this, Buffalo chicken cobbler is for you. And if you love spicy comfort food, well then this dish is a match made in Heaven! I took comfort food to a whole new level. This Buffalo chicken cobbler has a creamy chicken base that is loaded with chicken, vegetables and gets spiced up with my favorite wing sauce. Then homemade blue cheese drop biscuits are dolloped on top. The biscuits are tender, flaky, savory biscuits that absorb the piquant sauce perfectly.
Buffalo Chicken Biscuit Bake
Also known as a “Buffalo chicken bubble up” This recipe is a fabulous way to enjoy all of your favorite game-day flavors in a simple weeknight meal. Serve it up whenever you want throughout the year for a wonderful combination of comfort, warmth, and spice. this easy buffalo chicken casserole may just become a part of your meal rotations as it is simply hard to forget!
- Olive oil
- Poultry seasoning
- All-purpose flour
- Chicken broth
- Buffalo wing sauce
- Frozen mixed vegetables
For the biscuit topping, you will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh chives
- Heavy cream
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Cobbler
- Heat your olive oil in a large deep-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and poultry seasoning.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and stir in the celery and flour.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and milk until no lumps remain.
- Stir in the buffalo wing sauce and the frozen vegetables as well as the cooked chicken pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Prepare the biscuits by mixing together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the crumbled blue cheese and the chives.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- Work the dough with your hands until it comes together. Note that the dough should still be a bit crumbly.
- Scoop the dough by hand or a cookie scoop and place the scoops over the chicken mixture.
- Brush the remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream over the top of the biscuits.
- Place the cobbler into an oven at 375 degrees F.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the biscuits are browned and the meaty filling is bubbly.
What to serve with buffalo chicken bubble up
This easy-baked recipe is perfect for serving alongside some salad, green beans, or broccoli (basically anything green). It’s great as a dish for lunch or dinner so feel free to serve it with anything that you can picture serving at tailgate parties.
Can I swap out the bleu cheese for cheddar?
Absolutely! You can swap out the cheese for any variety that you’d like. If using a shreddable cheese I would recommend using it in its shredded form instead of cutting it into small chunks as it will cook more evenly and give a better-textured result.
Can I freeze buffalo chicken bake?
Yes, you can meal prep this for the future by making and baking it right now and saving all or a portion of it for later in the freezer. Simply allow the dish to cool completely and place it into an airtight container. I recommend using a disposable foil pan because it’s easier to bake, wrap, store, and reheat. You have to cook the dish before freezing as the biscuits won’t rise properly if you try to freeze them uncooked. Keep frozen for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating.
Can I use rotisserie chicken instead?
Absolutely! Save some time and effort and use up leftover shredded chicken that you may already have on hand!
For more spicy buffalo chicken recipes, check out these tasty suggestions:
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Tator Tot Casserole
- Layered Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo
- 2 lb chicken cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce ( I used Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 stick of butter, chilled
- 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and poultry seasoning; cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken, set aside.
- Add butter to the same skillet.
- Stir in celery and flour.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk until no lumps remain.
- Stir in Buffalo wing sauce and frozen vegetables and chicken pieces.
- Pour mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- To prepare the biscuits, combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in crumbled blue cheese and chives; followed by 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- Work the dough by hand until it comes together (it will remain a bit crumbly).
- Scoop dough by hand or cookie scoop and place scoops over chicken mixture.
- Brush remaining 1/4 cup of heavy cream over the top of the biscuits.
- Place cobbler in an oven that has been preheated to 375 degrees.
- Bake cobbler for 30-40 minutes or until biscuits are brown and the mixture is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving Calories 756Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 213mgSodium 1195mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 37g