Some nights you need to get dinner on the table quickly!
This Easy Italian Meatball Bake comes together quickly and is made with only a few simple ingredients!
This Meatball sub casserole recipe is so simple to prepare and only requires six ingredients! The base of this easy Italian meatball bake is frozen garlic rolls. I liked the size and that they came apart easily, but you can substitute any frozen garlic bread rolls available at your local grocery store so feel free to make a Texas Toast meatball casserole. This easy Italian meatball skillet is a little different kind of recipe for me. This is just another reason to love it in its unique differences.
Meatball Sub Bake
Prepped and baked in about 30 minutes total this meatball sandwich casserole is a perfect comfort meal for any night of the week or on any busy day. The best part of all is that this meatball casserole with garlic bread tastes so gosh darn good that even the leftovers are perfect lunches! This one pan meal is a family favorite and I’m sure you’ll love it too!
- Frozen garlic bread pieces
- Frozen meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
How to Make Easy Italian Meatball Bake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the inside of a cast-iron skillet or a deep round dish.
- Break apart the frozen garlic bread and arrange it into an even layer in the dish.
- Place the frozen meatballs over the bread.
- Pour your marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Dollop the cheese mixture over the top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place the meatballs into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Should you brown meatballs before baking?
Nope! This recipe allows you to add the meatballs to the dish while they are still frozen making it very convenient and easy to do.
At what temp are meatballs done?
You will know that your meatballs have finished cooking completely when the internal temperature registers 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
Can I use homemade sauce instead of jarred?
Absolutely! If you want to make some Homemade Marinara Sauce instead of using it from a jar, then go right ahead! You will need about 2 1/2 cups of sauce for this easy meatball sub casserole.
Meatball recipes are always a huge hit! Check out these other meatball recipes to find more
- Fillo Wrapped Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Meatball Pizza
- Meatball Sub Recipe
- Buffalo Ranch Meatball Subs
- Easy Vegetable Soup Recipe with Meatballs
- Rigatoni and Meatballs in Vodka Cream Sauce
- 2 12 oz package frozen garlic bread pieces
- 1 20 oz bag of frozen meatballs
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cast iron skillet or deep round dish.
- Break apart frozen garlic bread and arrange in one layer in your dish.
- Place frozen meatballs over bread layer. Pour marinara over meatballs.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Dollop cheese over meatballs.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Place meatballs in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly; broil for 2 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories 844Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 93mgSodium 1922mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 7gSugar 12gProtein 35g