No bake cheesecake filled pretzels recipe is festive, fun, simple and loved by all!
My daughter hates cream cheese. I mean she despises the stuff! She’ll make the ugliest scrunchy face at the mere mention of the word, and it always leaves me thinking two things. 1. what did cream cheese ever do to deserve this animosity and 2. Where did I go wrong? Good things happen with cream cheese! This amazing roasted garlic cheeseball or this simple key lime trifle would never have existed if it weren’t for cream cheese! And I can rarely disguise it in my recipes. It’s like she has Spidey senses when it comes to cream cheese, she can practically smell it before she even tastes it!
I got her good with this pretzels recipe! The easy no bake red velvet cheesecake filling totally had her fooled! You have to give this pretzels recipe a try so that you can see exactly what I mean. The filling isn’t an ordinary cheesecake filling. Yes, it’s made with cream cheese, but the Red Velvet Cake Mix changes everything! Not only does the cake mix add that tell-tale red velvet color, but it also adds a deep chocolate flavor to the filling as well. The chocolate flavor is so pronounced that even my cream cheese loathing daughter had no idea what she was eating!
Dip each one of these pretzel bites into luscious melted chocolate and you have yourself a real chocolatey treat! Don’t waste your money on boxed chocolates, make THESE instead!
My daughter ate several of these pretzel bites before it even occurred to her to ask if the filling contained cream cheese. Naturally when she asked, I lied. I trust we can keep that between ourselves, right?
- Feel free to adjust how much cake mix you add. The more you add, the more the color changes. But the flavor will change as well.
- I used Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers, that I found right in my Kroger store. They melt quickly and are incredibly smooth.
- I was able to get about 50 pretzel sandwiches. This will depend on the pretzel size you use and of course how many are broken!
- I found the pretzels were easier to dip into the chocolate if I allowed them to chill first.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Pretzels Recipe
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Red Velvet cake mix powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 waffle pretzels
- 1 12 oz package Ghirardelli melting wafers
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, cake mix and vanilla. Mix until well blended and creamy. ball.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop up a generous teaspoon of filling and roll into a ball. Press filling between two pretzels and set aside. Repeat with remaining creamcheese mixture and pretzels.
- Freeze pretzels for about 10 minutes to set.
- Heat chocolate wafers according to package directions. Partially dip pretzels into the chocolate and then place pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue until all the pretzels have been dipped. Allow chocolate to set completely before serving.
- Store pretzels in an airtight container. Pretzels be good for 3-5 days.
- * I used Kroger brand pretzels, powdered sugar and cream cheese for this recipe.
Inspired by Shugary Sweets