Soft, doughy and soft ranch pretzels are going to be the easiest snack you’ve ever made! With this recipe, you’ll find yourself making homemade soft pretzel bites all the time!
Our favorite family restaurant serves the most amazing soft pretzels and beer cheese. I mean they are killer. Our family of five has to place two orders, and we still fight over who gets the last one. The recipient of the infamous “last one” would be my son. He has figured out to outpace everyone when it comes to eating soft pretzel bites. This family is every man for himself when it comes to those soft pretzels!
What makes the pretzel bites so addicting is their soft, fluffy center and their golden exterior. They come in perfect spheres and are lightly fried then drenched in butter. They are served with a tasty beer cheese sauce which is why you cannot eat just one. It’s just not possible.
My first attempt at making soft pretzels at home was these Parmesan Homemade Pretzel Bites. I was happy with the result but, they weren’t the same as our favorite restaurant. I was stumped over the dough; I wanted something soft, pillowy, and of course, round. In the end, I decided that I’ll skip homemade dough and use frozen pizza dough instead. Premade pizza dough has come a long way, in my experience, some are just as good as homemade.
The baking soda is key; you need enough water and enough baking soda to give these guys that pretzel feel. Since you do these in batches, make sure you have enough water because it will evaporate. The pretzels only need a few moments before they pop to the surface. Once they are all “boiled” lightly coat them with an egg wash and bake until golden! I did not fry these like the restaurant recipe, but I did coat them in melted butter and toss them in ranch seasoning. Serve them with some Buffalo sauce on the side for a true snacking experience! Want to explore more Ranch flavored food? Try these Cheesy Cauliflower Ranch Bites or these Chicken Bacon Ranch Cheeseball Bites or Parmesan Ranch Dip with Tortellini!
- 1 1lb frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 8 cups of water
- ½ cup of baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Fill a stockpot with water and bring to a boil. When the water is boiling, add baking soda (it will bubble up).
- Using a dough scraper or a pizza cutter, cut dough into 1-inch portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Drop 4-6 balls into the pot of water.
- Cook until the dough becomes a little more firm and rises to the top, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon or a skimmer remove the pretzels from the hot water and drain on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush the pretzels with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pretzels for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pretzels and toss them with melted butter and seasoning.
- Serve pretzels with Buffalo wing sauce.
The number of servings will really depend on how large your pretzels are. The ranch seasoning might need to adjust for your taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 63Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 9mgSodium 1362mgFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 2g