Limoncello chocolate lava cake is a rich and fudgy dessert, perfectly baked into individual portion sizes! You’ll love these Limoncello infused chocolate lava cakes!
Individual desserts are a blessing and a curse all at once. They are blessing because of portion control; they are a curse because of portion control. If you are at a party, and someone serves you an over sized piece of bundt cake, well it would be rude to refuse. Conversely, if you are at a dinner party with five other people, it would be rude to grab an extra lava cake if only six are served right? If you make a large Texas sheet cake, no one will notice an extra piece missing. But with only six chocolate lava cakes, it’s a little hard to sneak off and eat one secretly in your closet.
The only solution I see in this situation is to make extra lava cakes. That shouldn’t be any trouble with this recipe; especially with it’s tender outer edge, and it’s rich, fudgy center. The Limoncello liqueur adds a uniquely lemon twist to this decadent chocolate dessert! It only takes one forkful for you to fall in love with this chocolate lava cake! There will be no judgement if you decide to keep all six yourself; that’s a promise!
Notes for Making Limoncello Chocolate Lava Cake:
- Be sure to coat your ramekins with non-stick spray and cocoa powder thoroughly. The whole lava effect will be ruined if your cake doesn’t want to come out when served.
- Be careful when adding the liquor. The full lemon flavor may not hit you if you taste your batter and your inclination will be to add more liqueur. Don’t do it! A little goes a long way. Your goal isn’t a boozy chocolate dessert, rather a chocolate dessert with lemon undertones.
- To remove the cake from the dish, carefully run a paring knife around the edge of the cake, then invert the cake onto a plate. It should fall right out.
- This cake is truly best when served warm.
- If you do not wish to use the liqueur, then lemon extract will work as well.
Nutrition Information Yield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 505 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 198mg Sodium 78mg Carbohydrates 69g Fiber 3g Sugar 54g Protein 7g