These lemon and white chocolate muffins are packed with so much great flavor and texture in every bite. From the moist lemon-filled muffins to the crunchy and sweet streusel on top and the tangy-sweet glaze drizzled over each one, these are lemon muffins you’ll have dreams about later.
They’re so gosh darn good and practically irresistible. Every bite is a blissful taste of heaven and you will agree that it’s love at first bite. Serve them p to friends and family and watch how fast they disappear they’re so good they’re sure to become an instant favorite!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Muffins
When you think about a lemon muffin recipe you usually follow it up with “poppy seeds” but not in this case. We’re combining the creamy sweet goodness of white chocolate chips into every bite for a nice contrast of flavors. Adding macadamia nuts into the streusel on top gives the muffins a nice buttery crunchy topping that’s hard to beat. These muffins are simple and easy to throw together but they’re always a show-stopping winner in the end.
- Greek yogurt
- Lemon Juice and zest
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- White chocolate chips
- Brown sugar
- Chopped macadamia nuts
- Powdered sugar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make White Chocolate Chip Lemon Muffins with Macadamia Nut Streusel
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two muffin tins with paper liners and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and Greek yogurt.
- Add in the beaten eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Carefully stir in the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. the batter will be thick.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill your muffin tins with a generous scoop of batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar cinnamon, nuts, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the top of the muffins. You may want to double the amount of streusel made.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 2-3 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins have cooled, prepare the glaze by combining the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Adjust to your tastes and desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the tops of the muffins and let set. Enjoy!
How long are lemon white chocolate chip muffins good for?
These muffins will be good for about 3-4 days if kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They do not need to be kept in the fridge, in fact, I recommend that you do not store them in there as the cold air could cause the muffins to dry out and not taste as moist and incredible.
Can I freeze lemon streusel muffins?
Yes, these muffins can be cooled and frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To thaw simply place them on the counter for a few hours (it may not take them that long to thaw, depending on how warm it is in your home). I would suggest you not add the icing to the muffins until after they have thawed so that they look pretty when serving.
Can I use bottled lemon juice?
If you don’t have a fresh lemon handy you can simply omit the requested lemon zest and use bottled lemon juice instead. while the flavor won’t be as strong or fresh tasting, these muffins should still turn out tasty and delicious either way. Try them soon and try them with bottled and fresh juice and you’ll see why I always prefer to use the fresh versions when possible. It really does make a difference.
If you enjoyed these muffins then you should check out these other great muffin recipes, you’re sure to enjoy them as well:
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins With Cherries
- Hazelnut Banana Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Caramel Macchiato Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt, such as Chobani
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- Juice and zest from two lemons
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin tins with liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and Greek yogurt. Add in beaten eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice. Carefully stir in flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Batter will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a cookie scoop, fill muffin tins with a generous scoop of batter.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, chopped nuts and melted butter. Sprinkle streusel over muffins. You may want to double the streusel! Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Once the muffins have cooled, prepare glaze. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice. Adjust according to your taste and desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins.
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 54mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 4g