A coffee house favorite in an easy chocolate muffin!
These Caramel Macchiato Chocolate Muffins are sure to delight any chocolate coffee lover.
If you love coffee and chocolate then boy do I have a dessert recipe for you! Made with caramel bits, chocolate chips, and your favorite coffee creamer these chocolate caramel macchiato muffins are perfect little treats for any occasion. The results are practically mouth-watering. You’re going to love these delectable muffins in all of their flavorful goodness. Every muffin is moist and packed with the perfect balance of coffee and chocolate. Serve with a drizzle of caramel on top and these sweets are sure to be a great macchiato replacement.
What exactly is a Caramel Macchiato?
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Plain Greek yogurt
- International Delight Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer
- Vegetable oil
- Caramel bits or chopped caramels
- Caramel ice cream topping
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Caramel Macchiato Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda until well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and yogurt until blended.
- Stir in the coffee creamer, oil, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and stir together until just moistened.
- Add in the caramel bits.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin cups and fill them each about 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the muffins have finished cooling, drizzle the tops with some caramel topping if desired.
How long are chocolate caramel muffins good for?
I recommend keeping these muffins stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 or 4 days. Keeping them in the fridge is fine for up to a week but the cold air can cause the muffins to dry out as a result.
Can I use a different coffee creamer?
Absolutely! If you cant find the international delight coffee creamer flavor requested you can always opt for a different caramel flavored coffee creamer even if it is from a different brand. Other flavored creamers will work too but you really want to use something that pairs nicely with the chocolate and caramel that we have going on.
If you love caramel macchiato’s then you are going to love these other recipes like my Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Cake and my Coconut Caramel Iced Macchiato. Both are completely fabulous and easy to make!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup caramel bits or chopped caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two muffin pans with cupcakes wrappers.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and yogurt. Stir in creamer, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until moistened. Add caramel bits.
- Spoon batter into muffins cups and fill about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- When muffins have cooled, drizzle with caramel topping if desired.
Serving Size1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 196Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 9mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g