This artichoke dip is party-ready! You only need a handful of ingredients to throw this dip together and the end result is a flavorful, cheesy delicious dip that is positively addicting!
Honestly, I think I was in my late 20’s or early 30’s before I realized that artichokes weren’t just vegetables that came in a jar, but that you could actually buy them raw in the produce section.
To this day, I have yet to prepare raw artichokes. I am totally intimidated by them; they aren’t the “friendliest” looking vegetable. I’d rather just stick to the jarred or canned variety, know what I mean? That is all I need to make things like this creamy dip!
What Do I Need To Make The Artichoke Dip?
- Artichoke Hearts – I used canned, but marinated artichokes are fine
- Crumbled feta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh dill
- Fresh parsley
How To Make This Artichoke Dip
STEP ONE – Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish and set aside.
STEP TWO – Drain your artichokes completely and coarsely chop them. Place your artichokes in a bowl and stir in the mayo, crumbled feta, Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
STEP THREE – Pour the dip into the prepared pan. Bake the dip for about 18 minutes or until the edges begin to bubble. This dip is best when served warm.
How Long Is Artichoke Dip Good For?
This dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days if kept covered. Can you reheat artichoke dip? Yes, you can! You can either reheat your dip in the microwave or you can cover the dip with foil and reheat in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or so.
Baked Artichoke Dip Recipe Tips
- To lighten this dip, feel free to substitute fat-free sour cream for the mayonnaise or use low-fat Greek yogurt instead!
- Add chopped spinach, leeks, green onions, jalapenos, green chilies, or chives to the dips.
- Substitute mozzarella cheese, white cheddar or pepper jack cheese for the feta or in addition to the feta cheese.
- Goat cheese or cream cheese would be great stand-ins for the crumbled feta cheese.
- You could serve this dip cold, but I think baking the dip really brings out the flavors! Because the cheese used in the recipe does not lend itself to good melting, I would avoid using a crockpot for this recipe.
- Fresh herbs will give you the most flavor, but dried herbs are always a good substitute.
This recipe can be prepped in advance; simply mix the ingredients and place them in your baking dish. Cover and refrigerate until needed then bake as directed. You can freeze this artichoke dip by doing the same thing. Prepare the dip as directed. Place the dip in an airtight container and freeze the dip for up to 2 months. Thaw the dip in the fridge and bake as directed.
What To Serve With This Feta Artichoke Dip
Serve this dip with toasted baguette slices, pita chips, crackers or tortilla scoop chips. A crudite would also be fabulous with this dip!
- 1 14 oz can artichokes drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mayo
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 4 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt,
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish and set aside.
- Drain your artichokes completely and coarsely chop them. Place your artichokes in a bowl and stir in the mayo, crumbled feta, Parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Stir to combine.
- Pour the dip into the prepared pan. Bake the dip for about 18 minutes or until the edges begin to bubble. This dip is best when served warm.