This shrimp dip recipe is outrageously good! You can’t go wrong with gouda and bacon in a hot, bubbly, dip!
All About This Gouda Shrimp Dip
This dip was inspired by an appetizer my husband and I enjoyed in Columbia, South Carolina. The dip came to the table piping hot and in a small cast iron skillet. It was made with mild gouda cheese and chopped up shrimp. It never occurred to me to add shrimp to any hot cheesy, dip, but it works incredibly well!
WHERE IS THE GOUDA SHRIMP DIP RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip cooking tips, suggestions, handy substitutions, related recipe ideas – and get straight to the Gouda Shrimp Dip Recipe– simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make Gouda Shrimp Dip
The ingredient list for this dip is not fancy, nor is it extensive, so there aren’t excuses for not trying this dip! This shrimp dip starts with cream cheese, mayo, and garlic. I added finely chopped cooked shrimp, chopped cooked bacon, shredded gouda, and Parmesan cheese. I baked this up in a small cast iron skillet, but any 8 x 8-inch baking dish will work. The shrimp dip will broil until it gets a little color and is hot and bubbly. Then hit it with a little more cooked bacon!
What Goes With Shrimp Dip?
I would serve this dip with crudites, pita chips, thick crackers or scoop chips. Like a lot of hot dips, you may need to reheat if not consumed right away. BUT, on the flipside, this dip can be made in advance. Simply combine the ingredients, place everything in the baking dish and refrigerate until ready. If baking a cold dip, allow for a few extra minutes in the oven.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mayo
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 3 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a cast iron skillet or an 8 x 8 in baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the cream cheese, mayo, garlic, shrimp and both kinds of cheese. Stir in 2 slices of cooked bacon. Pour cheese mixture into your prepare dish.
- Bake for 25-20 or until bubbly. Broil dip for 1-2 minutes just until the edges being to brown. Sprinkle remaining cooked bacon over the top just before serving.