Baked herbed feta cheese is a flavorful and easy appetizer that everyone will enjoy. Serve with some fresh bread at the next holiday’s dinner or throughout the year to impress your dinner guests.
This baked feta recipe is simple and easy making it perfect for any occasion. Made to be used as a dip it’s a great appetizer that’s as savory as it is flavorful.
Roasted tomatoes and feta in every bite, enhanced with the fresh taste of herbs like rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Yum!
What is Baked Feta Dip?
We make a lot of dips as appetizers on this blog, and I mean A LOT. But that’s because you can never go wrong with serving a dip (hot or cold) and there’s always a dip fitting for the occasion.
This feta tomato dip is a perfect example of a fancy but simple dip that doesn’t require much effort and still delivers great taste in every bite.
We simply make it in a baking dish in the oven to get it roasted well and when the timer beeps, the dip is ready to serve. The roasting process brings out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and infuses the fresh herb flavors throughout the cheese while getting it to the perfect melty consistency for dipping your bread and crackers in.
It’s truly an amazing recipe to keep on hand.
Ingredients you’ll need for baked feta:
- Feta cheese
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh thyme
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
For the exact measurements, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Baked Feta Dip
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
In the middle of a medium-sized baking tray add your feta cheese.
Add your fresh herbs to the top and then firmly press them down into the cheese, try to cover the sides as well.
Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the cheese.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then season with some freshly ground black pepper.
Add fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs on top of the tomatoes for garnish.
Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the feta cheese looks nicely toasted and the tomatoes are soft.
Serve hot and enjoy.
- What to serve with baked feta. This warm dip would taste incredible when served alongside some freshly toasted bread. Bread like an Italian loaf would do quite well. Bruschetta also works nicely. Garlic bread is my favorite to serve along with this dip because it adds a nice richness and flavor of its own.
- Enhance the flavors by adding in a little more seasoning. Add extra seasoning if desired, like smoked paprika, a pinch of cayenne pepper, or basil leaves.
- Keep your leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
What flavors pair well with feta?
Herbs like rosemary, basil, thyme, lavender, mint, or dill all work wonderfully with the tanginess and earthy flavors of feta cheese. In this recipe, we choose to balance it out with fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano.
Can you reheat baked feta?
You can reheat your feta cheese by placing it in the oven at 350 degrees F until it’s heated through. The time will vary depending on how much dip you have to reheat as the bigger the amount, the more time it will need. It should be finished cooking through within 10-20 minutes though.
Should you rinse feta cheese?
You do not need to rinse off your feta cheese before using it. The nice salty brine that the cheese was packed with will help to enhance the flavors in this dish wonderfully.
Need more dip recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Nashville Hot Chicken Dip
- Tex-Mex Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Hot Melty Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip
- 14 oz fetta cheese (2 blocks of cheese)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary + some extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme + some extra sprigs to garnish
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper, ground
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- fresh Italian bread
- garlic bread
1. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Place the fetta cheese in the middle of a medium-sized baking tray. Add the fresh herbs and firmly press them onto the feta cheese; try to cover the sides too.
3. Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the feta cheese, drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add some rosemary and thyme sprigs on top of the tomato as a garnish.
4. Bake on the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes or until feta cheese looks nicely toasted and tomatoes are softly baked.
5. Serve hot with some freshly toasted bread.