This baked feta cheese dip is a great appetizer. An easy cheese dip with feta cheese, spicy tomato sauce, and lots of fresh herbs!
This baked feta dip recipe is a delicious blend of savory flavors and cheesy goodness in every bite. you’re going to love serving up this simple appetizer for any occasion. This warm feta cheese dip is truly comforting and wonderful thanks to the rich tastes and textures in every bite.
Serve it up for tailgates, dinner parties, or weekends get together with friends and it’s sure to always be a huge hit!
Baked Feta and Tomato Dip
I started with a block of feta cheese that I placed in my baking dish. I combined jarred arrabbiata sauce ( a spiced up tomato sauce) with fresh garlic and poured it over my feta. Leftover homemade marinara sauce works well too! This feta cheese dip was incredibly easy. You only need six ingredients! The feta cheese does not melt, just softens and intensifies in flavor. This is one appetizer recipe that is truly sensational AND sublime!
I added a bit more spice with red pepper flakes and then baked this appetizer for 20 minutes. I sprinkled fresh oregano, basil, and parsley and served it with Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins. The light, crispy, low-sodium crackers held up to the feta and tomato dip. The flavor from the fresh herbs and the garlic really popped and helped disguise the fact that the tomatoes came from a jar.
Ingredients you’ll need for Baked Feta Cheese Dip:
- Feta cheese
- Arrabbiata sauce
- Garlic cloves
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Baked Feta Cheese Dip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a small baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place your feta inside the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce and garlic. Pour it around the feta cheese in the dish.
- Sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes over the top of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the feta dip from the oven and then top with some fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately.
Does feta cheese melt in the oven?
Feta cheese does not melt as you can expect from other cheeses, this is because of the high acid content in the cheese. this baked feta dip will be soft enough to scoop your crackers and breads through but it will not be melted and gooey.
Can I reheat baked feta?
While this dip tastes best when freshly made, you can reheat this baked feta cheese dip by placing it into the oven and reheating until warmed through. You can also mix the dip together in a large saucepan with just a little bit of cream and cook over medium-low heat until warmed through before adding to a serving dish.
What goes well with baked feta tomato dip?
Some great ideas for dipping include sliced bell peppers, baby carrots, celery sticks, and crackers like Wheat Thins, Triscuits, or another hard and sturdy cracker (not something soft and flakey like Ritz). You can also serve this dip up with some hard crusty bread like a slide baguette or toasted bruschetta rounds.
More cheesy dip recipes that are sure to have you satisfied
- Hot Bacon and Pimento Cheese Dip
- Hot Melty Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Guinness Cheese Dip
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip
- Three Cheese Hot Bruschetta Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 1 cup arrabbiata sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small baking dish with non stick spray. Place feta on baking dish. Combine sauce and garlic. Pour around and over the feta cheese. Sprinkle cheese with crushed red pepper flakes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove feta from oven and top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 63Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 17mgSodium 270mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 3g