Easy stuffed mushrooms stuffed with andouille sausage, veggies, and white cheddar cheese! Bite-sized party food at it’s best!
Christmas is officially in our rear view while New Years Eve is on the horizon. I love New Years Eve! We have a special family tradition of watching movies, playing games and having snacks for dinner! I love appetizers almost as much as I love dessert, so to be able to call snacks my dinner is a dream come true!
Each family member requests their favorite snacks. My son loves beer cheese, my oldest insists upon bacon wrapped potatoes while my youngest asks for pretzel bites. I’m only too happy to oblige. What’s my favorite? Anything topped with crunchy breading; that’s what! Breadcrumb toppings are the best! I admit, I’m the kind of person who picks off the crunchy bread crumb topping to eat first! It’s just like eating the cupcakes: I start with the best part and work my way down.
I usually run to Walmart for my General Mills@ Progresso™ Bread Crumbs each time I make recipes like this Cajun Shrimp Mac and Cheese or when I make the meatballs for comfort food like this Easy Vegetable Soup! These recipes, as well as my easy stuffed mushrooms, are just a few examples of how versatile breadcrumbs can be. I always have Progresso™ Bread Crumbs in my pantry because I love the ease and flavor these breadcrumbs bring to my recipes. They taste homemade with no effort on my part!
These easy stuffed mushrooms have everything I love in an appetizer. They are easy to assemble and are made with ingredients that can be found in your grocery store. Each mushroom gets filled with savory andouille sausage, crisp veggies, and white cheddar cheese. And like all good comfort food, each little mushroom is topped with a buttery breadcrumb topping that gives these little guys the perfect crunch. These stuffed mushrooms are tender and flavorful; they would be a fabulous addition to your New Years Eve appetizer line up.
- 18 oz mushroom caps
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 andouille sausage link, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white cheddar shredded
- 3 tablespoons Progressoâ?¢ Garlic and Herb Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Remove stems from each mushroom; set aside mushroom caps.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onions and garlic. Chop mushroom stems and add to veggies. Season veggies with thyme, oregano and salt; stir. Cook veggies for 6-8 minutes or just until tender. Add sausage link and continue to cook another 5 minutes. Remove skillet from the stove. Place sausage and veggies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a generous spoonful of filling.
- In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Pour melted butter over breadcrumb mixture and stir to coat. Top each with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs over each cap. Place mushrooms on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake mushrooms for 10-12 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 33Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 1g