Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza is a fancy-sounding pizza perfect for any night.
A simple homemade crust is topped with a quick sauce, pesto, mozzarella, and goat cheese!
This pizza is indescribably good. from the soft and buttery crust to the creamy goat cheese, every bite is a perfect balancing act of flavors, depth, and texture. You’re going to love this simple pizza recipe! serve it up to impress your guests or serve it up on a weeknight when you want something simple, comforting, yet unexpected. There’s no wrong time for pizza and this pesto pizza with goat cheese is sure to delight no matter the occasion.
Pesto goat cheese pizza
I developed this recipe after being inspired by my favorite pizza restaurant. Their pizza was so good I just had to make my own version so that I could enjoy it whenever the cravings struck. I achieved my goals and more because this goat cheese and pesto pizza is perfect. The crust is buttery and soft and the goat cheese becomes incredibly creamy as it melts into the fresh basil pesto. A few mushrooms are hidden underneath a blanket of mozzarella. It’s layers of comfort in every bite and now I can have this pesto and goat cheese pizza anytime I want.
- Bread flour
- Dry yeast
- Hot water
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Cloves crushed garlic
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Goat cheese
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza
Make the dough
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 cup of flour with the yeast and sugar. While the motor is still running, carefully add in 3/4 cups of how water.
- Pulse the ingredients together and then turn off the food processor.
- Add in the olive oil and salt and blend the dough again.
- Add in the remaining flour until the dough resembles a ball. Check the dough and if it is too sticky, add in more flour, one tablespoon at a time. if it is too dry, add in more water, one tablespoon at a time. When you have the right consistency, pulse the dough one more time.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place it into a well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place the dough into a warm location and allow for it to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and cover. Allow rising for another 30 minutes.
- Grease a pizza stone or pan and spread out your dough.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the sauce over the dough.
- Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- toss your mushrooms over the pizza.
- Dollop the pesto over the top of the pizza.
- Top with your remaining mozzarella cheese and some crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese begins to bubble.
- Slice and serve warm.
How to Make your own Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (can sub half the basil leaves with baby spinach or carrot fronds)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (can sub with chopped walnuts)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add in the garlic and cheese and pulse several more times. scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add in the olive oil in a slow and steady stream. Add the oil slowly, while running to help keep the olive oil from separating. Stop now and then to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Add in some fresh salt and pepper to taste.
- You can keep your leftover pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you loved this pizza recipe then you are going to enjoy these other tasty pizza recipes as well!
- Pizza Burger
- Spicy Italian Pizza
- Easy Crockpot Pizza Lasagna
- Chicken and Waffles Pizza Recipe
- Pickle Pizza
- Blue Cheese Italian Sausage Pizza
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 (.5 oz) package dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine 1 cup of flour, the yeast and the sugar. With the motor running, carefully add ¾ cup of hot water. Pulse ingredients then turn off the food processor. Add the olive and the salt and blend the dough again. Add the remaining flour and mix until the dough forms a ball. Check the dough, if it is too sticky add more flour one tablespoon at a time. If it is too dry add more water one tablespoon at a time. When you have the right consistency, pulse dough one more time.
- Remove dough from the food processor and place in a well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place dough in a warm place. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Punch dough down, cover and let rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Grease a pizza stone or pan and spread out your dough.
- In a bowl combine sauce ingredients, stir. Spread sauce over dough. Top with 1-cup mozzarella cheese. Toss mushrooms over the pizza. Dollop pesto over pizza, top with remaining mozzarella and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake in a 425-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese begins to bubble.
Amount Per Serving Calories 371Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 21mgSodium 741mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 15g