Whether bourbon is your drink or not, you will love this simple Mint Julep Fudge!
I love bourbon. Not that I actually drink a lot of bourbon, unless it’s in a frothy, sweet milkshake that is. I like to keep my favorite bottle handy because it is one of my favorite ingredients to use in my food. I find it adds a deep, rich undertone to both savory foods like pork bbq and sweet foods like Butterscotch Bars and German Brownies. In fact, I’m sort of addicted to using bourbon.
In just a couple of weeks we’ll be watching a little something called the Kentucky Derby. It is the only sporting event that I can think of where thousands of people party all day (in all their finery nonetheless) for a race that literally lasts two minutes. While some people actually care about the horses and the race, I’d wager that a majority of the Derby watching crowd are in it for the mint juleps.
I must admit, I do not care one lick for mint juleps. I like the idea of mint juleps however, so I made mint julep fudge instead. Now I am completely in LOVE with mint juleps! This fudge is the best thing since Christmas! It is soft and smooth with lots of mint flavor from all the Andes Mint chips. The bourbon is subtle (kids and bourbon don’t mix) you could add more or less depending on your taste. Just like the Derby, these lasted about 2 minutes in my house. Unlike the Derby, I can have more right away (no fancy hat required). Yes indeed, I love bourbon.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Mint Julep Fudge
- 10 oz package Andes CrÃ¨me De Menthe baking bits
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- Line an 8 x 8 with parchment paper, set aside. In heavy saucepan over low heat combine all abut 1/3 cup of the CrÃ¨me De Menthe chips, 1 cup semi sweet chips, vanilla and 1 cup sweetened condensed milk. Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon. Spread mixture onto prepared pan.
- Meanwhile melt white chocolate chips with remaining sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Dollop milk mixture over chocolate fudge and swirl together with an offset spatula. Press remaining mint chips on top. Chill until firm.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3312kcal Calories from fat 1249|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 139g||214%|
|Saturated Fat 85g||425%|
|Dietary Fiber 16g||64%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|