Peppermint Bark Chocolate Fudge made with Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Bells!
A perfectly refreshing holiday treat!
This fudge is a sight to behold, with those minty flecks of peppermint bark on top and those perfect little bells tucked into the body of the fudge! Sure, this fudge is pleasing to the eyes, but it’s heaven in your mouth! Made with just a few simple ingredients and steps this fudge can be completely homemade in no time at all. You’re going to love making your own fudge recipe from scratch!
Peppermint Fudge Without Condensed Milk
Unlike a lot of fudge recipes these days, this fudge recipe is made without condensed milk, because we make it the old fashioned way (or close to it). By bringing a sugar mixture to a boil and stirring in chocolate and marshmallow creme we get a delicious and irresistible bite of smooth fudge in every square. You won’t want to resist this peppermint fudge with marshmallow creme -it’s simply devine.
- Granulated sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Marshmallow creme
- Vanilla extract
- Mint extract
- Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Bells
For the exact measurements needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Peppermint Bark Fudge
- Line the inside of an 8×8 baking dish with foil and allow for two inches of the foil to hang over the sides of the pan.
- Remove the wrappers off of the candy, you will need about 20 bells.
- Arrange the candies in neat rows at the bottom of the baking dish and then set them aside.
- Unwrap another 8 bells and loosely chop them into chunks. Set them aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine your sugar, milk, and butter over medium heat.
- Stir the mixture together continuously as it cooks, until it reaches 234 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then stir in the chopped chocolate, marshmallow creme, both extracts, and salt.
- Stir together until smooth.
- Pour your fudge over the top of the peppermint bells in the baking dish and top with your chopped peppermint bells.
- Allow your fudge to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Remove the fudge by lifting the foil up and out of the pan, bringing the fudge out like a sling.
- Slice the fudge into squares about 1 inch by 1 inch in size.
- Store in an airtight container or serve and enjoy.
I found my peppermint bark bells at my local Target store, but if you don’t have any luck locating them, you can simply swap them out for another soft mint chocolate candy like chopped peppermint patties. These will give the cool and refreshing mint flavor and should be pretty simple to find at any grocery store.
To make sure that your sugar mixture reaches the proper temperature I highly recommend that you invest in a candy thermometer. This can be set on the inside of your pan so you can watch the temperature rise as the mixture cooks and cools. This helps to remove a lot of the guesswork so that your fudge turns out perfectly without the hassle.
The weather will play a role in how the fudge turns out as humid days, dry days and even altitude can cause your fudge to turn out differently every time.
How long is homemade fudge good for?
This homemade fudge can be left in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. This should give you plenty of time to enjoy your sweet treat or to share it with friends and family.
Why did my fudge not harden?
What happens if you overcook fudge?
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 oz package Hershey's Peppermint Bark Bells (I found these at Target) divided
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with foil, allowing two inches of foil to hang over sides of pan. Remove wrappers from about 20 bells. Arrange candies in rows on the bottom of them pan. Set aside. Unwrap about 8 more bells and chop. Set bells aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter over medium heat. Stir mixture continuously and cook until it reaches 234 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate, marshmallow creme, both extracts and salt. Stir until smooth. Pour fudge over peppermint bells. Top fudge with chopped peppermint bells. Let fudge cool completely.
- Remove fudge by lifting foil from pan and peeling foil away from fudge. Cut fudge into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 39gProtein 2g