Peppermint Bark Chocolate Fudge made with Hershey’s Peppermint Bark Bells!
I was never a good test taker. I always got heart palpitations and sweaty palms. That was even if I KNEW the answers! It was the pressure, it just got to me. I’d like to say things got better with age, but I’d be lying. When I was in my late twenties, I had to take the Series 7 to get my brokers license. I just about died. I took it 3 times. The first two times I got the same score but missed different questions each time. That alone told me that my brain is only capable of holding a certain amount of information, if I exceed that amount, well then, something has to go.
Last week I had to take a vision test. I got nervous. I just really wanted to do well. I know the women who worked there didn’t care whether I passed or failed, but I DID! I looked into the view finder and proceeded to read the smallest line I could. To be honest, the letters looked vaguely like hieroglyphics, but I wasn’t going to admit that to anyone. So I threw out some “P”s,“B” and “D”s for good measure. I was operating under the assumption that those letters are common in eye charts. Seems like those letters would look similar from a distance.
Each time I read a letter I would try to gauge the nurse’s reaction. Was that a snicker? A gasp? A grimace? Was she laughing at me? Or was my eyesight more acute than I realized? I squinted and strained the best I could. And when she was finished, I refused to look up at the eye chart. I didn’t want to know how wrong my guesses were! Because that’s what they were, I could barely see a thing! I asked the nurse if they ever chuckle inwardly during an eye exam. She admitted that they only role their eyes when people confess that they memorized the chart! Ok, so I’m not that bad. I’m desperate, but not THAT desperate. Truth is, it never even occurred to me to memorize the chart! Dang! Missed opportunity!
Turns out my vision hasn’t changed since my last exam two years ago. I’m not blind after all! That’s a good thing, I’d hate to miss seeing this fudge! It’s sort of a sight to behold, with those minty flecks of peppermint bark on top and those perfect little bells tucked into the body of the fudge! Sure, this fudge is pleasing to the eyes, but it’s heaven in your mouth!
MORE PEPPERMINT RECIPES:
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 oz package Hershey's Peppermint Bark Bells (I found these at Target) divided
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with foil, allowing two inches of foil to hang over sides of pan. Remove wrappers from about 20 bells. Arrange candies in rows on the bottom of them pan. Set aside. Unwrap about 8 more bells and chop. Set bells aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter over medium heat. Stir mixture continuously and cook until it reaches 234 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate, marshmallow creme, both extracts and salt. Stir until smooth. Pour fudge over peppermint bells. Top fudge with chopped peppermint bells. Let fudge cool completely.
- Remove fudge by lifting foil from pan and peeling foil away from fudge. Cut fudge into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 19mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 39gProtein 2g