These Butterscotch Marshmallow Bites are simple and quick no bake treats!
Each Christmas I make dozens and dozens of cookies. I don’t know why I make that many, I guess Christmas is just the perfect time to try out all the new recipes I’ve collected over the course of the year.
The kids are eager to help with the planning and the baking. I always picture the four of us in the kitchen in a Norman Rockwell-esque sort of seen. You know, with dabs of flour on our noses, aprons on, smiling and laughing. But the truth is, our real life family baking time is much more chaotic and stressful.
What usually happens is the three kids fight over who gets to stand where and who gets to do what. I lose my train of thought and get annoyed by how little space I suddenly have. Eggs get dropped, only half the ingredients actually seem to make it into the bowl, flour is everywhere: on the counters, on the floor, on the dog, in my youngest’s mouth….by the halfway point, the kids have dug into the bags of chocolate chips. Intense negotiations swirl around me as the kids vie for various utensils and bowls to lick. And once they actually obtain those, they scatter like leaves. I am left with the dusty mess.
Easy Marshmallow Bites
I’m going to try something a little different this year. I’m going to skip the floury tornado and make no bake treats instead! Correction, the KIDS can make no bake treats. These butterscotch marshmallow bites are so quick and simple! My youngest can line the pretzels, my son can melt the chocolate and my oldest can dip the marshmallows! Everyone wins-except me because I will now be left with a chocolate mess to clean up. But that’s ok, because for 20 minutes our kitchen will be filled with harmony!
MORE TWO BITE TREATS
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL TODAY!
Butterscotch Marshmallow Bites
- 32 Round or square pretzels
- 1 10oz bag butterscotch chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 large marshmallows cut in half
- 18 oz chocolate candy coating
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Place a large baking rack over wax paper.
- Arrange pretzels over baking rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine butterscotch chips and shortening. Melt in 30-second intervals stirring constantly.
- Dip each marshmallow half in melted butterscotch. Using two forks, gently place marshmallows onto pretzels.
- In another microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate candy coating and remaining 3 tablespoons of shortening. Stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour about a tablespoon of chocolate over each marshmallow allowing chocolate to drip down sides. Decorate with sprinkles if desired. Allow marshmallows to set for about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.