Toasted bread and whipped goat cheese are the starters for this goat cheese appetizer. Each slice is drizzled with honey and hazelnuts for a sophisticated flair!
You’re going to love this goat cheese honey bruschetta recipe. It’s the perfect appetizer for when you want something savory and sweet. Made in just minutes flat and with a couple of ingredients this goat cheese and honey bruschett recipe is super easy, making it great for any occasion. You and your guests will all swoon head over heels for this appetizer and it’s not hard to see why!
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Honey
The goat cheese is combined with heavy cream and a bit of cream cheese and then whisked like crazy until it is smooth and ultra creamy. And hand mixer can be used, but honestly, your own hand can be the best kitchen tool.
Slightly toast your bread and smother each slice with this tangy goat cheese spread. Then drizzle each slice with sweet honey and sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts. Bread and butter will look so dull and common after you have this goat cheese appetizer. In other words, this bruschetta is life changing.
- Goat cheese log
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Sliced crusty bread
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Goat Cheese & Honey Bruschetta
- In a small bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, heavy cream, and cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Toast each bread slice on an outdoor grill until golden in color.
- Immediately spread a teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture on top of each toasted slice.
- Sprinkle with sliced hazelnuts and drizzle with honey.
- Serve immediately.
What nuts go well with goat cheese bruschetta with honey?
I think that hazelnuts go perfectly but we can’t overlook that walnuts would also make a fabulous pairing. You want to make sure that you use a nut that is on the softer side and with a “buttery” texture if that makes sense. Nuts like macadamia nuts would be a perfect example of this but those are very high priced so walnuts and hazelnuts are good affordable options. Harder nuts like almonds and pecans may taste great but will need to be slivered so that they aren’t too hard to bite through.
What do you eat with honey goat cheese?
Find yourself with leftover cheese spread? go ahead and serve it up with some sliced fruits like nectarines, apples, strawberries or peaches. Cooked or grilled fruits would also pair together wonderfully.
How long is honey goat cheese good for?
You can keep the leftover cheese spread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks at most. I recommend eating it sooner rather than later though as it will taste best when freshly made.
Looking for more tasty bruschetta recipes? Here’s a few you’ve just got to try soon!
- Strawberry Tomato Bruschetta Recipe
- Three Cheese Hot Bruschetta Dip
- Bruschetta with Roasted Veggies
- Recipe For Bruschetta Dip with Soppressata
- 1 4 oz goat cheese log, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 8 slices crusty bread
- In a small bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Toast each bread slices on an outdoor grill or a grill pan until golden. Immediately spread a teaspoon of goat cheese on each slice.
- To serve: sprinkle slices with hazelnuts and drizzle with honey.
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 12mgSodium 224mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 6g