Caramel Apple Brownies are a sweet taste of Fall. Soft apple brownies with sweet caramel bits and lots of cinnamon!
This recipe is outstanding. The apple brownies are tender with a slightly cracked top. The apples are juicy and flavorful; not too tart or too sweet. The caramel bits supply the right amount of sweetness to these apple brownies.
There is plenty of cinnamon in the batter, but for good measure, I added a cinnamon-sugar mixture on top of the brownies just before baking. These caramel apple brownies are fabulous when they are fresh from the oven. A little ice cream on top would be heavenly, but a tall glass of milk works just as well.
What are Caramel Apple Brownies?
Caramel apple brownies are delicious blondie brownies packed with fall flavors. Unlike other brownie recipes, this one doesn’t have any cocoa, making it “vanilla-flavored” as a base. Then from that, we branch off to add caramel bits and apple pieces for a truly spectacular dessert that you won’t want to be without.
SEE HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Ingredients you’ll need for Caramel Apple Brownies:
- Softened butter
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granny Smith apples
- Caramel bits
- Cinnamon sugar
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Caramel Apple Brownies
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and then set it aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, until each is well mixed.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add in the chopped apples and caramel bits until blended. The batter will be thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle some caramel bits over the top of the batter and press it in lightly to get it to hold in place.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.
- Caramel squares can be used but must be chopped small before using them to not mess up the baking time.
- You can find caramel bits in your grocery store’s baking aisle, usually located right near the chocolate chips.
- For added flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
- Note that the batter will be very thick, like cookie dough batter.
- For an added fall flavor change go ahead and use salted caramel instead of plain caramel or sprinkle flakey sea salt on top before baking.
- Swapping out half of the butter for pumpkin puree can really help give a new flavor experience as well.
How can I keep the caramel bits from sinking to the bottom of the brownies?
You can mix your caramel bits in a little bit of flour before folding them into the batter to help keep them from sinking to the bottom of the pan.
What apple should I use?
You can use any good baking apple variety. I like to use Granny Smith or McIntosh apples because they have a little tartness to them to offset the sweet caramel flavor.
How long are caramel apple brownies good for?
These brownies are good for up to 3 or 4 days if kept stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you love caramel apple then you are going to love these great caramel apple recipes:
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies
- Caramel Apple Profiterole
- Caramel Apple Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Pull Apart Bread
- Caramel Apple Wine Slushies
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup caramel bits
- cinnamon sugar (I used a prepackaged jar I found in the spice aisle. You can make your own)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and set aside. In a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar and mix until creamy. Add eggs one at a time until each is well mixed. Add in flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add in chopped apples and caramel bits until blended. The batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle caramel bits over batter and press in slightly. Bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 359Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 54mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 2gSugar 47gProtein 3g