Cinnamon and apples are the predominant flavors in this tender pull apart bread!
The caramel icing makes these loaves extra special!
It was just about this time last year when the kids and I went apple picking. I cannot wait to go again, however, this time I’ll do things a little differently. This time we will carry one bucket per family and NOT one bucket per person! We came home with over sixty pounds of apples last year. I do love apples, but that’s a bit excessive.
If I do come home with that many apples, I’ll make a jar or two of apple butter, maybe a tart or some cookie bars. Then I’m going to make batches upon batches of this beautiful caramel apple pull apart bread! This bread is tender and soft with lots of cinnamon, sweet, fresh apples and an indulgent caramel glaze. This pull apart bread begs to be served with your daily cup of joe.
Let’s discuss the glaze for a moment because it will knock your socks off! I use International Delight’s Caramel Macchiato Coffee Creamer in place of plain milk in this glaze because it intensifies the caramel flavor and makes the glaze taste ultra rich and creamy. This is exactly why I use Caramel Macchiato creamer in my morning coffee I suppose. I love all things rich and creamy!
Mornings are now filled with two masterpieces; cinnamon apple pull-apart bread and a cup of creamy coffee. Man, now I cannot wait to go apple picking!
Notes about the recipe:
- This is not a quick bread recipe; you will be using yeast and will need your dough to rise, but the recipe does yield two loaves; one for now AND one for later.
- If you do freeze a loaf: I would only make HALF of the caramel glaze to drizzle over the loaf you use right away. The glaze comes together quickly, it will be easy to make for any loaves that have been frozen.
- The filling portion of this recipe does not yield a large amount. You could certainly beef up the ingredient amounts if that is your preference.
- As you stack and cut your strips, do not feel the need to be a perfectionist. It’s ok if the cuts are uneven. Any imperfections will be hidden when the loaves rise during baking. Caramel glaze will also cover any mistakes!
- Use a tart apples such as a Granny Smith or a McIntosh in this bread.