Sweet little monkey bread muffins reveal a caramel apple filling! Serve these muffins up for a special breakfast treat or as dessert, either way; they are going to bring out the biggest of smiles!
Birthday breakfasts are a big deal. They set the stage for the birthday kids’ big day. I often try to drum up some excitement for birthday donuts, cinnamon rolls or crepes but my kids only seem to want one thing for their birthday breakfast; monkey bread.
I used to try to argue with them and to convince them that what they wanted for breakfast was something rich and extravagant. But eventually, I realized that making monkey bread benefited me as well. Monkey bread is pretty darn easy; monkey bread muffins are even simpler!
How To Make Monkey Bread Muffins
I used store brand biscuit for this recipe (Kroger brand to be exact); you don’t need a name brand to bake up some yummy, cinnamon treats. Toss the biscuits with cinnamon and sugar and arrange them in bundles in a muffin tip. I placed one peanut and nougat candy (Snickers bites worked well) along with a spoonful of cinnamon apples and covered them up with a few more pieces of biscuits. Melted butter is drizzled over the top. These little muffins only take about 15 minutes to bake up.
Individual monkey bread muffins are festive and fun; they are the perfect birthday breakfast treat!
Monkey Bread Muffin Tips:
I used kitchen shears to cut each biscuit into four pieces. Small pieces are easier to work with and they keep the muffins from expanding too much.
You only need a small spoonful of apples for the center of the muffins. When you place the biscuits over the candy and the apples, be sure to pinch the biscuits together to prevent the filling from spilling out.
Spoon just a small amount of butter on the bottoms of each muffin cup so that the bottoms are moist. Be careful not to use too much or the muffins will be greasy.
Now enjoy more caramel apple flavor with these Caramel Apple Whoopie Pies!
Watch How To Make Monkey Bread Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups diced and peeled green apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits ( 7.5oz each) I used Kroger Brand Biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 12 bite-sized Snickers candies
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pans with liners and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves stirring often.
- In a bowl or a zip top bag, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate biscuits. Using kitchen shears, cut each biscuit into quarters. Roll each quarter into balls. Coat biscuits in sugar mixture.
- Spread a teaspoon of butter mixture over bottom of each liner. Top with 3 rolls of dough. Spoon apples and chocolate into the center and top with 3 more balls of dough, pinch the top together so that the chocolate is covered. Melt remaining butter and brush remaining butter over each mini monkey bread muffin.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 224Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 12mgSodium 137mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 2g