Simple white chocolate lemon parfaits.
They are elegant, creamy, and perfectly refreshing!
These lemon parfaits were just the treat we needed after a hard day of learning to ride a bike! The best thing about these parfaits is I already had all the ingredients. Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie Filling, white chocolate, heavy cream, and shortbread cookies are all that is needed to whip up this creamy, rich, tart dessert! you’re going to love serving up this summery parfait recipe because it’s packed with bright colors and flavors in every glass.
Lemon Pie Parfait
Making this lemon parfait recipe is super fast and simple. You only need a couple of ingredients (5 to be exact) and a couple of moments to prep. Make these desserts in advance and share them with family after dinner or make them smaller by placing them all into shooter glasses and then serve them at a party. There’s no wrong time for this tasty recipe and because it’s so versatile you can enjoy these tangy rich flavors all year long.
- White chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Chilled heavy cream
- Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie Filling
- Shortbread cookies
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make White Chocolate & Lemon Parfaits
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir. continue microwaving in 3o second intervals, stirring well between each until smooth. allow cooling.
- In a chilled stand mixer bowl, use your whisk attachment to whisk the heavy cream on high speed until its thick and stiff peaks have formed. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and carefully fold in the cooled white chocolate.
- Return the bowl to the stand mixer and then whisk for just 30 seconds.
- Place a large tablespoon of the white chocolate mixture at the bottom of 4 glasses.
- Crush 4 shortbread cookies and place the crumbs on top.
- Spoon a generous spoonful of lemon pie filling on top and then add another 4 more crushed cookies.
- Top with the remaining white chocolate mix and garnish the glasses with a cookie each.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled.
- Take care when melting your white chocolate in the microwave. Only microwave the mixture in 30-second increments after the first minute. Chocolate scorches quickly.
- Keep your mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for half an hour or more before you set out to make the whipped cream. Very cold equipment will help your cream set up more quickly.
- Do not stir the mixture after you add the chocolate. Work in a gentle under and over motion so that air does not get into your cream mixture. You want your whipped cream to be light and fluffy. Stirring will deflate your cream and leave you with a soupy mess.
- If you do not have shortbread cookies, Golden Oreos, graham crackers, or even gingersnaps would work nicely in this recipe.
How long is white chocolate lemon parfait good for?
This parfait can be kept stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. I recommend covering each glass tightly with plastic wrap before storing. For better results do not add the cookie on top until ready to serve or else the moisture will cause the cookie to become soft stale or mushy.
What’s the difference between a trifle and parfait?
Can I make parfaits in advance?
For more great desserts like this check out our parfait recipes and trifle desserts:
- Coconut Key Lime Trifle
- Grasshopper Pie Cheesecake Parfait
- Irish Cream Trifle Recipe
- Key Lime Pie Parfait
- Carrot Cake Trifle Dessert
For the lemon curd:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 14.1 package refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine sugar and eggs. Whisk in lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir in melted butter. Microwave lemon mixture for 1-minute stir. Continue to heat lemon mixture in 1-minute intervals until mixture begins to thicken and easily coats the back of a spoon. Refrigerate to set.
- Meanwhile, bring piecrust to room temperature. Unroll one pie crust on a floured surface. Using a 3â?? biscuit cutter cut crust into circles and place dough on a cookie tray. You should get about 10-12 circles. Repeat with remaining piecrust. Place trays of dough in the refrigerator to chill about for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare egg wash by lightly beating together the egg and the water. Remove dough from the refrigerator and place a spoonful of lemon curd onto the center of one tray of dough. Brush edges with egg wash and place circles from second tray over each lemon topped pie. Using a fork, crimp the edges to seal the pies. Generously brush the tops of each pie with remaining egg wash. Using a pairing knife, carefully cute 3 slits onto the tops of each pie. Bake pies for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, melt chocolate and vegetable oil together. Drizzle white chocolate over pies. Let set completely before storing.
Serving Size1 mini pie
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 85mgSodium 152mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 20gProtein 4g
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups Lucky Leaf Lemon Pie Filling
- 8 shortbread cookies, chopped, plus 4 for garnish
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chopped chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate has melted, stir and let chocolate cool.
- Using your whisk attachment, whisk heavy cream in a chilled bowl on a high speed until thick and stiff peaks begin form, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and carefully fold in cooled white chocolate. Return bowl to mixer and whisk just for 30 seconds.
- Place a large tablespoon of white chocolate mixture in the bottoms of four glasses. Crush 4 shortbread cookies and place crumbs on white chocolate layer. Spoon a generous spoonful of lemon pie filling and top with 4 more crushed cookies. Top with remaining white chocolate and garnish each glass with a cookie.
Amount Per Serving Calories 730Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 120mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 1gSugar 44gProtein 6g