Grilled sandwiches are perfect when it gets too hot to turn on the oven!
Shredded rotisserie chicken makes this sandwich easy to throw together!
You’ll want to dip your spicy chicken sandwich into your homemade bbq sauce to take the edge off the heat!
My love affair with vinegar started when I was young. My mom didn’t have a lot of snack foods so I had to use my imagination. My snacks usually consisted of saltines with melted Kraft Singles, popcorn and Fig Newtons. At some point during my quest for satisfying snack foods, I discovered I really liked dill pickles. While they weren’t crunchy like a corn chip, they did give me the satisfaction of biting into something substantial. What really won me over was the salty vinegar based brine! Eventually I got to the point where I started keeping watch for near empty jars so I could toss the pickles and drink the brine. It’s not as though I would drink the whole jar, THAT would be totally disgusting! It was just a little shot. Something to fill the salty void in my life!
My addiction to vinegar has manifested into an obsession with hot sauce. While I do love the spicy numbness that hot sauce inflicts upon my tongue, it’s the taste of vinegar that keeps me wanting more. My mouth salivates when I merely utter the word “vinegar”. I’ve trained myself like Pavlov’s dogs.
I stumbled upon this recipe for white bbq sauce a while back while I was searching for dinner ideas. Subconsciously, my eyes zeroed in on the ingredients: one of which was vinegar. I’ve had success with unique, homemade bbq sauce in the past. I had high hopes for this sauce.
Chicken seemed like a natural vehicle for this sauce. I used rotisserie chicken to keep it simple. I suppose it’s no surprise why I chose pickled jalapeños? The Monterey Jack cheese keeps it creamy and tame. Be sure to serve some sauce on the side. You are going to want to dip your sandwich in it, again, and again, and again. You might just dip a
ladle er, spoon in it and slurp it up! Or wait, maybe that’s just me?
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! SUBSCRIBE TO MY EMAIL here
Jalapeno Chicken Grilled Cheese with White BBQ Sauce
- 1 loaf Ciabbatta Bread. sliced
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno's sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- White BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prepare bbq sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill pan or a skillet. Butter bread slices. Arrange bread (in batches if necessary) on the hot grill pan, buttered side down. Top with shredded chicken, 1-2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, 1-2 tablespoon shredded cheese, jalapano’s. Top with remaining buttered bread. Toast each side for about 3 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with bbq sauce on the side for dipping.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|