You’ll want to dip your spicy chicken sandwich into your homemade bbq sauce to take the edge off the heat!
Grilled sandwiches are perfect when it gets too hot to turn on the oven!
If you’re looking for a simple and easy recipe to throw together for lunch then look no further. This sandwich is packed with great tasting flavors and prepped in just a few minutes. A warm toasty cheesy sandwich isn’t very far away. You’re going to love this blend of spicy, acidic, crunchy buttery goodness to the very last crumb!
This grilled cheese sandwich recipe has everything you need for a nice comforting meal. Made with simple ingredients and steps it doesn’t take long to throw together easier so within just a few minutes you can be chowing down on a delicious meal.
Grilled Cheese Chicken Sandwich
This sandwich recipe is super fast and easy to throw together thanks to a shredded rotisserie chicken. I was inspired to create this sandwich recipe after stumbling upon the vinegar-based BBQ sauce a while back. The chicken seemed like a natural vehicle for this sauce. I used rotisserie chicken to keep it simple. I suppose it’s no surprise why I chose pickled jalapeños? The Monterey Jack cheese keeps it creamy and tame. Be sure to serve some sauce on the side. You are going to want to dip your sandwich in it, again, and again, and again.
- Ciabatta Bread
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Pickled jalapeno’s sliced
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Jalapeno Chicken Grilled Cheese with White BBQ Sauce
- Start by preparing the BBQ sauce.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Next, heat your grill pan or skillet.
- Butter your bread slices and arrange the bread on the hot grill pan or skillet, butter side down. Do it in batches if needed to make it fit.
- Top the toasted bread with shredded chicken, 1-2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce, 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese, and jalapenos.
- Top with the remaining buttered piece of bread and toast each side for about 3 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with more BBQ sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- If desired, you can omit the jalapeno peppers to make the sandwiches less spicy or more kid-friendly. I like to leave mine off when feeding the kids as they aren’t fans. This is completely up to you and your own tastes.
- The requested cheese in this recipe can be swapped out for any other varieties such as muenster or sharp cheddar. It really just depends on what you prefer. Stronger cheeses or cheeses with a little kick would pair great with the flavors but stringy melty cheeses are always more fun when it comes to a grilled cheese sandwich.
- You can keep your leftover BBQ sauce stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It would taste great served with some cooked chicken and beef so use leftovers for future dinner dishes to really get the opportunity to enjoy more of it!
Can grilled cheese be reheated?
I do not recommend reheating a grilled cheese sandwich after it has been cooled down as there is no good way to reheat it and maintain the crunchy goodness you get when it comes hot off the griddle. Microwaving it for a few seconds will warm it through, but the bread will be soft and possibly mushy as a result.
Can grilled cheese sandwiches be made ahead of time?
You can prepare the different components of this recipe (like the BBQ sauce and whatnot) beforehand but do not assemble and cook the sandwiches until you are ready to serve. this way you can get the convenience of little prep while still getting the great tasting results that you want.
What is grilled cheese good with?
Grilled cheese sandwiches are great on their own but some of the more popular side dishes to serve them up with is tomato soup like my Roasted Tomato Soup. Other options include salads, french fries, or potato chips. The choice is yours to make.
Want to try more grilled cheese sandwich recipes? You’ll love these!
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Roasted Corn & Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- French Onion Grilled Cheese
- 1 loaf Ciabatta Bread. sliced
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno's sliced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
White BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prepare bbq sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and whisking until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill pan or a skillet. Butter bread slices. Arrange bread (in batches if necessary) on the hot grill pan, buttered side down. Top with shredded chicken, 1-2 tablespoons of bbq sauce, 1-2 tablespoon shredded cheese, jalapano’s. Top with remaining buttered bread. Toast each side for about 3 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with bbq sauce on the side for dipping.
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 64mgSodium 990mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 23g