Roasted corn and avocado grilled cheese sandwich is a tasty twist on a classic. Smokey corn, creamy avocados, and spicy cheese melt together in this summery grilled cheese sandwich!
You haven’t lived until you’ve tried this unique grilled corn sandwich. Packed with grilled corn, melty cheese, and creamy avocado inside perfectly toasted bread, this sandwich recipe is something worth daydreaming about.
For this simple sandwich, I grilled some corn, removed the kernels and then placed them inside a sandwich that also has fresh avocados and spicy pepper Jack cheese. This sandwich combo has the best of summertime in each hot, melted bite.
Cheese Corn Sandwich
There’s something about corn that just screams “summertime” perhaps it’s that corn is freshest in summer and fall making it a perfect veggie to accompany many meals throughout those hotter months.
Grilled corn is perfect too because grilling helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the corn. Pair that with this avocado cheese sandwich and you have yourself a winning combination of textures and flavors in every bite. This corn avocado grilled cheese sandwich is perfect all summer long.
- Ears of Sweet Corns
- Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- Loaf French Bread
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How to Make Roasted Corn & Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (350F).
- Remove the husks from your ears of corn and place them directly onto the hot grill. Cover but turn occasionally.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove and allow to cool long enough that it can be easily handled. When read, cut the kernels from each ear of corn.
- Slice your bread into 8 slices. Butter each with a 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and place 4 slices of bread on top. Butter-side facing down onto the hot pan.
- On top of your bread, arrange 4 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Divide the avocado and corn evenly over the cheese and then top with the remaining bread slice, the butter side facing up.
- Cook each side for about 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Serve immediately.
What cheese is best for grilled cheese?
You can use any cheese for this grilled cheese sandwich but I like to use pepper jack. Not only does it melt beautifully but it also adds a little kick of spice that pairs well to offset the natural sweetness in the veggies which makes the sandwich feel more well-rounded.
What bread for grilled cheese?
I like to use sliced french bread because its got a nice hearty crust and a chewy texture. Other bread like thick-cut sourdough, brioch, potato bread or artisan breads would work as well.
Can I grill my corn in advance?
Absoltuely! Grill up your summer corn this weekend for dinner, set a few aside and save the kernels for these sandwiches throughout the week. You can keep your cooked grilled corn kernels in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days giving you plenty of time to enjoy some tasty grilled cheese lunches.
These tasty grilled cheese sandwich recipes will keep you feeling full all year long.
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese Recipe
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
- French Onion Grilled Cheese
- Jalapeno Chicken Grilled Cheese with White BBQ Sauce
- 2 Ear of Sweet Corns, Grilled
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- 4 teaspoons Butter
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium.
Remove the husk from the corn and place them directly onto the hot grill. Cover, but turn your corn occasionally.
Cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove and let corn cool enough until it can be handled. When ready, cut the kernels from each ear of corn.
Slice bread into 8 slices. Butter each slice with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place 4 slices of bread, buttered side down onto hot pan. Arrange 4 slices of Pepper Jack cheese on the bread.
Divide avocado and corn evenly over cheese and top with remaining bread slice, buttered side up.
Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until browned.