A simple, homemade caesar salad crowns hot grilled Italian sausage!
The refreshing salad and the warm sausage make an unforgettable pair!
I love Italian sausage. I crumble it on my pizza, but I also like to grill it up and then add a variety of fun toppings. However, this time, I thought the cool, creamy salad would perfectly compliment the hot grilled sausage. You know what? I was right!
You could serve the salad on the side, and it would still be utterly delicious. But do me a favor, try piling the salad on top of your sausage. There is something magical about tasting the creamy dressing, the fresh salad, the nutty Parmesan, and the smoky, grilled sausage all together. It will quickly become your favorite way to enjoy Italian sausage!
Sausages and Salad
The recipe here is basically what I used in this Caesar Salad with Shrimp and Quinoa recipe. Making salad with Italian sausage is insanely simple. It starts with romaine lettuce that is tossed with a homemade dressing made with mayo, water, lemon juice a little Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese.
With a homemade caesar salad that’s this easy to make you’ll never need to go out and buy it bottled again. one taste of this and you’ll be hooked.
- Johnsonville brats
- Romaine lettuce
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Hot dog buns
How to Make Caesar Salad Italian Sausage
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Place the brats onto the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until finished cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop the lettuce into strips and then place it into a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the mayo, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and parmesan cheese.
- Add in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce and toss well to coat.
- When the brats have finished cooking, divide the salad between the brats.
- Top with shaved parmesan cheese and extra pepper if desired.
How long do sausages take to grill?
sausages usually take about 15 minutes or so to cook fully depending on whether or not you placed them over direct or indirect heat as well as getting it to the crispy and golden-colored skin that you look for on grilled sausages.
What are the ingredients in a Ceasar dressing?
the most common ingredients in a Ceasar salad dressing are eggs, oil, lemon, parmesan cheese, and anchovies. Instead of using anchovies though, we use Worcestershire sauce to get that fishy taste but without actual fish.
Does Worcestershire sauce have anchovies?
Yes, this sauce does contain anchovies along with other added ingredients like sugar, salt, molasses, and vinegar. Together the ingredients work together to create a sauce that can add a great depth of flavor in just about any recipe (including this homemade salad dressing!)
Check out these other fun sausage recipes from Lemonsforlulu!
- Blue Cheese Italian Sausage Pizza
- Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage Subs
- Easy Pumpkin Risotto with Italian Sausage
- Andouille Sausage with Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- Italian Stuffed Peppers with Sausage and Orzo
- Sausage Hoagie Dip
- 5 Johnsonville brats
- 2 cup romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 hot dog buns
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place brats on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes or until brats have finished cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop lettuce into strips and place in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo, water, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over lettuce and toss to coat.
- When brats are ready, divide the salad between the brats. Top with shaved Parmesan and extra pepper if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 456Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 59mgSodium 963mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 19g