Thai Iced Coffee with a frappe twist!
This cold beverage is just what you need when that afternoon slump sneaks up on you!
This iced coffee frappe recipe is one of our favorites because it starts with a strong brewed coffee and ends up with almond milk, spices, and whipped cream making it a perfect blend of balance and comfort in every sip. We even take it one step further with this iced coffee frappe recipe by blending it with ice for a wonderful texture and thick consistency that truly makes this Thai iced coffee into a liquid dessert!
Thai Frappe Iced Coffee
We take a simple frappe and make it into this easy Thai iced coffee recipe with just a few swift movements. We get the Thai flavors from the dried cardamom, cinnamon, almond extract, and coconut sugar which really helps to make it taste like it could be a traditional drink. just don’t forget to serve yours in a tall glass with some whipped cream and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon on top.
- Strong brewed coffee
- Coconut sugar
- Ground cardamom
- Almond extract
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almond milk
How to Make Thai Iced Coffee Frappe
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend together until well combined and frothy.
- Divide the mixture between two tall drinking glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Are cold coffee and frappe the same?
While both contain cold coffee as the main ingredient they’re actually pretty different because a cold coffee is usually served with ice cubes inside of the glass whereas a frappe is a blend of ice cubes and coffee to create a thick almost milk-shake like texture and consistency. Both can have the sugars, cream, and added flavors mixed into the recipe depending on what you are looking to achieve.
Does a frappe have coffee in it?
Most of the coffee shops that you enter will offer frappes on the menu but you may be surprised to learn that most of them do not contain any coffee or caffeine. Unless otherwise noted as including coffee, frappes usually don’t have coffee in them.
How long is a frappe good for?
It’s best if you drink this coffee beverage as soon as possible after making it for the best-tasting experience but if you cant finish it all then you can store it in the fridge for up to a day. the ice might melt and water down your frappe as a result though but you can blend it with more ice and add in more coffee to help get some of that original flavor back.
For all of you coffee lovers reading this, don’t forget to check out our other fabulous coffee recipes!
- Mocha Coffee Ice Cream Pie
- Irish Coffee Pudding Shots
- Irish Coffee Chocolate Cake
- Coffee Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Roast Recipe
- Mint Chocolate Coffee
- Coconut Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Greek Coffee
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee, brewed
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze Almondmiilk
- 2 cups of ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender, blend until combined and frothy. Pour into two tall glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 113Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 1g