Cold brewed iced tea recipe made with fresh blackberries and basil!
This iced tea recipe is easy and refreshing; it will become your summer staple!
This blackberry iced tea recipe is super easy to assemble and requires no effort, just patience. This cold brewed iced tea recipe requires water, blackberries, basil, and a jar with a lid. That is it, oh and of course, space in your fridge! Let the jar sit for 12-24 hours and then you are ready for a cold glass of tea with some serious flavor! So simple! You’re going to love this iced tea recipe all summer long.
Blackberry Tea Recipe
While the blackberries added their own subtle sweet flavor to my tea, I found I needed it to be just a tad bit sweeter. I added a few drops of SPLENDA ZERO ™ Liquid Sweetener to my tea jar and found that those few drops of liquid sweetener made my iced tea taste perfect!
This cold brewed iced tea recipe is so simple to prepare and can be made with virtually any flavorings you like so keep your portable bottle of sweetener with you; then you and your iced tea can travel anywhere! Enjoy this Basil iced tea recipe any time the mood strikes.
- Tea bags
- Fresh blackberries
- Basil leaves
- Mason jars
- Splenda Zero Liquid Sweetener
How to Make Blackberry Basil Iced Tea Recipe
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water into each mason jar and then add in a tea bag.
- Add 3 ounces of blackberries and some basil leaves to each jar.
- Cover the top and place it into the fridge for 12-24 hours.
- When ready, remove the tea bag and add in the liquid sweetener to taste.
What can I use besides Splenda for sweetener?
You can use regular sugar or even honey instead of using Splenda. If using regular sugar I recommend mixing 1 cup of sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Then add your sugary mixture to the glasses “to taste” meaning add in as much or as little as you want.
What does blackberry tea taste like?
It’s tart, sweet, fruity, and tastes like summer but with a light and refreshing twist thanks to the fresh basil leaves.
How long does blackberry basil tea last?
- Coconut Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Gold Rush Iced Tea Recipe
- Iced Mint Pomegranate Green Tea
- Salted Caramel Iced Mocha
- Mai Tai Iced Tea
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tea bags (your favorite flavor)
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 4-6 basil leaves
- 2 mason jars
- SPLENDA ZERO™ Liquid Sweetener
- Place 1 1/2 cups of water in each mason jar. Add a tea bag, 3 oz of blackberries and basil leaves to each jar. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- When ready, remove tea bags and add liquid sweetener to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 42Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 1g