Mimosa Bundt Cake – This bundt cake is made soft and moist by the generous amounts of champagne and the freshly squeezed orange juice!
Pin it here
If you’ve been keeping up with my posts, then you might be wondering if I have a problem. Last week I posted Fried Tequila Shots, then yesterday I shared my Mint Julep Poke Cake. I do not have a drinking problem, but I do have a hard time keeping myself from adding a little booze into my desserts. Spirited sweets are way more fun than their non-alcoholic versions. Heck, it’s not just sweets; adding alcohol to almost any food seems to make them so much tastier.
The truth is I served this mimosa cake to my family this past Easter. Nothing is quite as celebratory as a mimosa. Crisp champagne and sweet orange juice can be served on any occasion; at any time of the year. Mimosas are just as delicious on Christmas morning as they are on the 4th of July. This mimosa cake will please everyone whether they love to indulge in the cocktail or not! If your guests are cake lovers, then I assure you they will swoon over this cake
This cake is ultra tender and sweet. I did add a 1/4 cup of champagne to my batter along with the freshly squeezed orange juice. If possible, please use fresh oranges as opposed to refrigerated orange juice. For one thing, you’ll need the zest- that alone holds so much flavor. But the fresh orange juice brightens the flavors of this mimosa cake immensely.
The hidden gem in this cake is the orange glaze. The already moist cake soaks up the sweet citrus glaze which is why the cake practically melts in your mouth. You could stop right here and serve the cake as is; but if you have a strong sweet tooth, then definitely add the champagne buttercream!
Ah, that buttercream! That buttercream is a party all on its own. It’s very creamy with just an effervescent hint lingering in the background. As you can see by the photos, I swirled my buttercream into fancy roses, don’t feel obligated to do that. Spread it on however you like. No matter what, it will look as impressive as it tastes!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons champagne
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 10-inch bundt pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar and light and fluffy. Add salt. Slowly beat in eggs one at a time, taking care to incorporate each egg into the batter before adding the next. Mix in baking powder. Add the flour, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in champagne, orange juice and vanilla.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and smooth it out with a spatula. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Top pan with a cooking rack. Hold the bottom of the bundt pan with one hand while holding the cooling rack with the other, carefully invert cake to rest onto the cooling rack. Combine the orange juice and the sugar together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir and cook until sugar has dissolved and mixture becomes thick and syrupy.
- Poke holes into the bundt cake while the cake is still a bit warm. Brush glaze over the cake. Allow the cake to stand for 10 minutes to absorb the syrup before brushing syrup on a second time.
- To prepare the frosting,cream butter and shortening together in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Carefully add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Beat in the champagne until the frosting is spreadable, adding more sugar or champagne as necessary.
- Carefully spread the frosting over the top of the cake. Shake sprinkles over the top of the cake.
*milk, water or cream can be used in place of the champagne.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 745Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 129mgSodium 474mgCarbohydrates 105gFiber 1gSugar 79gProtein 6g