Tart and sweet blueberry vodka lemonade will refresh you on the hottest of days!
Fresh blueberries, mint, and vodka turn ordinary lemonade in a sensational summertime cocktail!
I’m totally going to make your weekend with this blueberry vodka lemonade recipe. You can thank me later. It’s easy, quick, and will quench your thirst.
You’re going to love everything about this easy blueberry lemonade cocktail. Made with just a few ingredients and steps it’s super simple to throw together for when you have guests over that you want to impress. It’s also just as lovely to make for yourself on a hot summer afternoon.
What is Blueberry Vodka Lemonade?
It’s a simple summer cocktail drink made using fresh mint, fresh blueberries, flavored vodka, and of course- lemonade. When mixed together it creates a super simple and delicate flavor packed with a nice alcoholic punch so every sip just hits right.
Ingredients for Blueberry Vodka Lemonade:
- Fresh mint leaves
- Blueberry Vodka
For the exact amounts needed, please see the recipe card below.
How To Make Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
- Like all good drinks, this vodka lemonade starts with lots of fresh mint leaves.
- Place mint, fresh and plump blueberries, and sugar in a shaker and “muddle” it with a spoon. Muddling the blueberries will add flavor and color to your cocktail.
- Add blueberry flavored vodka to your shaker along with some ice and shake the daylights out of it. Continue shaking for at least 30 seconds.
- Divide the mixture among two tall glasses and top with lemonade; stir to combine.
- Add more fresh blueberries and mint then bottoms up!
Blueberry Vodka. If you can’t find it you can replace it with another flavor if that is more accessible, lemon for even vanilla might work. Or use unflavored vodka instead. While the blueberry vodka enhances the blueberry flavor, it is not 100% critical to have blueberry vodka.
Blueberry Simple Syrup. You can DIY a blueberry simple syrup if desired. This is perfect for adding more blueberry flavor. To do this, combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan. Add a good handful of blueberries to the mixture and lightly crush them with the back of a spoon. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then simmer until sugar has dissolved and the mixture thickens. Strain the mixture over a sieve and allow the syrup to cool. Stir the syrup into your cocktail.
What Does Muddling Mean?
Muddling means you are going to take the handle wooden spoon and pound it into the bottom of your shaker. You want the spoon to help the sugar break down the mint and the blueberries so that their natural juices and oils will be released, which is key to the flavor of this lemonade.
How Much Vodka To Lemonade?
The ingredient amounts in this recipe, like many recipes, this is up to your taste. My personal ratio is about 2 parts lemonade to 1 part vodka.
This recipe is adaptable and can easily be made in a pitcher to serve a crowd!
What Is The Best Blueberry Vodka?
I like to use Smirnoff’s blueberry vodka because it’s usually easier to find in stores but other brands such as Burnett’s, Triple Eight, or Cold River are just as good.
This vodka lemonade is crisp, sweet, and refreshing. I do have to warn you, just like these Key Lime Vodka Collins his Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail, Blackberry Vodka Gimlets, or these Lemonade Moscow Mules, this cocktail is one of those drinks that hides the alcohol really well.
You start with one, then suck down another, and before you know it you are down for the count. Er, maybe that’s just me???
Regardless, this is the quintessential fruit vodka drink!
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry vodka
- 2 cups lemonade
- Place mint leaves, sugar and blueberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle mixture with the end of a wooden spoon until blueberries are broken.
- Add vodka and ice; shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Divide mixture among two tall glasses. Top with each with lemonade; stir.
- Garnish with blueberries, mint and lemon slices.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 13mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 3gSugar 48gProtein 1g